Monitor HP LP2475W or Eizo S2242W

bht-at-home 16:00 23 May 09

Hi,

I am planning to purchase a new monitor for photo editing (Not interested in Gaming) and after reading all of the reviews, I have a short listed to two; the:

Hewlett Packard LP2475W (24”) and Eizo Flex Scan S2242W (22”).

Both have received good reviews, but I have seen some criticism, by one individual about the quality of text on the Eizo (on the S2231W – similar to the S2242W).

If you follow the link below, half way down, this guy has a heading:

Gargantuan disappointment: Text looks like crap.

click here

Given that my preference is the EIZO, I was wondering whether anyone has had any experience of poor text quality.

Your opinions on both monitors would be appreciated

hssutton 17:13 23 May 09

I've come across a few complaints about the reliabilty of the Eizo, but also a great many in praise of it especially for photo editing.

I use the earlier HP model w2408h 24in, primarily for photo editing via CS4 & Lightroom and must say I'm very impressed with it. I assume the LP2475W is their later offering. PCA did a review of both the LP2475W, link below and also of the HP w2408h

click here

click here

bht-at-home 17:34 23 May 09

Thanks for this info, hssutton

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…