Modem extension cables

hoverman 10:34 09 Feb 04

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase an extension cable for my modem? I wish to connect an ADSL filter into the BT wall socket and plug an extension lead into the modem socket on the filter and my modem at the other end. All the cables I seem to find have the bog standard BT wall plug at one end.

spuds 11:06 09 Feb 04

Try Maplin's click here or eBuyer click here or PCW. Most computer/telephone accessory shops should stock this item,or get one at short notice.

hoverman 11:15 09 Feb 04

Many thanks. So far only managed to find cables with male connectors at each end. I want female at one end and male at the other.

Stuartli 12:55 09 Feb 04

You require, mostly likely, an RJ11 extension cable - it's the type supplied with modems.

Not something, however, you are likely to get in discount stores even though they do a big trade in standard extension cables.

JerryJay 13:07 09 Feb 04

spuds,

Male to male should work for your set up. Why you need male to female?

hoverman 14:03 09 Feb 04

Male to male would not work with my setup. I needed male at one end to plug into the ADSL filter and, since my modem has a male connector, I needed a female socket at the other end to plug it into. Problem is now solved - a local computer store had one in stock for only £4.99.

Thanks to all anyway for your replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…