Mobile problem

Chas49 19:23 02 Aug 10

My cousin has a T-Mobile phone and when she was buying a £10 top up she was given a new sim card. She hadn't a clue how to fit it and thought that, because her existing sim card was full (many, many photos) she had to change it. She wanted to delete some photos to make room - didn't know how and had lost any book received with the phone and, as a non user of mobiles I too hadn't a clue. So she asked me to fit the sim card, this done and upon switch on a screen came up with a request for a 'Subsidy Password' to be entered. What is a subsidy password? She cannot get past that screen as she has no idea what password is required - she's never had one.

tullie 19:38 02 Aug 10

Cant understand this,she wouldent be given a new sim when she topped up.The photos would be on the phone,or memory card,not the sim.

Chas49 20:04 02 Aug 10

tullie:

She bought the top up at a well known newsagents and the assistant said the new sim was a gift. Of course I only have her word for it that this is so!
Although not having any knowledge of mobiles I too couldn't understand why she had to change a sim card - I thought that this, once fitted, was as near permanent as dammit!

I have now told her to take her phone to the local T-Mobile shop in Wolverhampton and appeal for their help.

Thanks for the reply.

Chas49 20:04 02 Aug 10

tullie:

She bought the top up at a well known newsagents and the assistant said the new sim was a gift. Of course I only have her word for it that this is so!
Although not having any knowledge of mobiles I too couldn't understand why she had to change a sim card - I thought that this, once fitted, was as near permanent as dammit!

I have now told her to take her phone to the local T-Mobile shop in Wolverhampton and appeal for their help.

Thanks for the reply.

birdface 08:52 04 Aug 10

She should keep her old sim card.
new sim card would probably have a different phone number etc.
Put her old sim card back in and if it has the £10 credit on it ignore the new one.
Those are meant for spare phones.

Chas49 11:31 04 Aug 10

buteman:

Thanks for your reply.

"Put her old sim card back in "

This is exactly what I did when the new sim appeared to have a problem with the request for a "Subsidy Password". I haven't heard yet how her visit to the local T Mobile shop went.

The real problem is the number of photos she has on it - far too many and neither of us know how to delete them. She lost the literature which came with it.

tullie 12:29 04 Aug 10

The photos are on the phone

Chas49 15:56 04 Aug 10

Thanks Tullie -Yes I know that now - nevertheless she cannot or could not delete them. Probably her fault not the phones 8-). The saying "Old Dogs and new tricks" covers the situation I think.

Hopefully (and if indeed she visited T-Mobile as mentioned before) the matter should now be resolved. I'll phone her this evening to find out. Needless to say I have only a basic mobile - bought just in case my car broke down miles from anywhere - now my sight has deteriorated and the car sold I have no need of that. So, you;ll understand my complete ignorance of Mobiles 8-))

tullie 17:20 04 Aug 10

If she hasent solved the problem,what model etc is the phone?

Chas49 17:49 04 Aug 10

Tullie: I'll ask - but I hope she has resolved the matter for I fear that she will not know what model it is! I'll post back, one way or the other, somewhere near 7.30pm.

Chas49 21:59 04 Aug 10

Tullie:

I did, eventually, get in touch with her. She didn't go to T-Mobile but gave the phone to her younger sister and she has deleted many things from the phone. Like you said, she didn't need a new sim at all - just more space on her phones' memory.

I'd like to thank you for your persistence - much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac