mobile phone "memories"

end 23:14 18 Apr 04

do all mobile phone SIM cards have the same "memory" capacity or....my "need" is to be able to "save" my texts, but am limited by the capacity of th card(I THINK); have been thinking of having a palm top but CAN I get a larger capacity SIM card or....

Forum Editor 23:28 18 Apr 04

but I do know there is an Italian SIM card called the SIMphonIC 3G MEGA which has a 1Mb capacity. It was specially developed for use with the new generation of advanced mobile phones.

Can you get it here? I have no idea - nor do I know which phones support it, but I imagine that it will have been specifically developed to be compatible with as many phones as possible.

georgemac 07:05 19 Apr 04

what type of phone do you have - if you have a nokia with infra red connectivity, you could buy a usb irda adaptor quite cheaply, download the free software from the nokia site and save your texts to the PC.

I imagine other phones with infra red would be able to do the same.

Stuartli 08:26 19 Apr 04

You can buy SIM card readers (similar to the type used for Compact Flash, Smart Media, Secure Digital etc) and transfer the information to your PC.

Here's some examples:

click here

click here

click here (one of the cheapest)

click here (same price as boysstuff)

There are literally dozens more outlets - in fact your local mobile phone outlet probably stocks them.

Stuartli 08:31 19 Apr 04

Here's details of the FE's 1MB SIM card first revealed late last year:

click here

golfpro 14:44 19 Apr 04

I think you will find that the 3G sim card will only work in a 3G phone. The sim card was developed to cope with the extra video storage capacity required with the curren 3G phones. I'm not 100% sure, just what I've read.

Stuartli 15:04 19 Apr 04

That's stating the obvious somewhat...:-)

Stuartli 15:05 19 Apr 04

Not quite true...:-(

This is the final paragraph of the link I provided:

The new SIM card developed by Oberthur Card Systems to TIM in partnership with ST is compatible with both the new 3G networks (UMTS/W-CDMA) and current GSM networks in order to ease migration and enable services such as info-on-demand, mobile banking and access to a wide range of services."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…