Mobile phone deals

Aspman 11:31 20 Apr 04

Off topic I suppose but only a little.

I'm no great fan of mobiles and I don't keep up to date with the latest developments and offers in the way that I do with computer equipments.

I've never been a heavy mobile user so I've always been on PAYG. I've had the same phone now for about 3 years.

I recently started working as a sole trader in my spare time and I've been using my mobile a lot more now. It has reached the point where I'm looking at a contract phone with free minutes etc.

I've been in a few shops now and online. Now the deals these shops offer all appear to be exactly the same. Can you haggle with these shops to get a better deal? There doesn't seem to be much in the way of competition.

I'm not particularly bothered about networks or the phone itself justa good deal that saves me money compaired to my current PAYG at about £20-30 a month.

Sir Radfordin 12:39 20 Apr 04

Only if you are a really big spender (£100+ a month!) will you stand a chance of any negotiation. Best bet is to try and get something extra thwon in like a handsfree kit, leather case or discount on a bluetooth headset (essential for car drivers and posers alike!).

Vodafone do an online deal - Online 100 which is a lot cheaper than the retail version. click here

TomJerry 12:46 20 Apr 04

You can get some good deals from click here. For example: £25 a month with Orange 100 minutes anytime any network, you get Nokia 6100 with £100 cashback. I do not think you can get better deals in any high street shop.

TomJerry 12:47 20 Apr 04

You can get some good deals from click here. For example: £25 a month with Orange 120 minutes anytime any network, you get Nokia 6100 with £100 cashback. I do not think you can get better deals in any high street shop.

TomJerry 12:48 20 Apr 04

sorry double post, the first one wrong, should be 120 minutes, for £30 a month, you get 200 free minutes

Aspman 15:27 22 Apr 04

Cheers guys. That is what I thought. Just thought I would ask. My mate seems able to do a lot of haggling but only at the end of each years contract.

Lead 23:10 02 May 04

You will find many networks offer cheaper tariffs on-line, compared to those available in the stores. However, buying direct from the networks usually means the handsets are more expensive. So don't jump into any deals.

byfordr 23:31 02 May 04

click here (cashback on some phones depending on tariff)

Avoid 3 absolutely rubbish support :-( Good prices. Dicey coverage.
Orange good support, prices a bit weak. OVP a bit toothless. Second best coverage.
Vodaphone seems the best all round. Best coverage. CrossNet 200 with 100 text (£29.99) CrossNet 200 with 50 text (£27.99) may be worth a look

HTH

R

VEG 23:40 02 May 04

Good deals at click here i've had my last 2 contracts with them

GibsonSt19 20:20 05 May 04

I've just gone for the Online 200 tarrif from o2, I think they do excellent contract deals, and many of the phones are free.

click here

Very good for texters!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…