Mobile Phone Advice

Ade_1 21:04 03 Oct 06

Hi,
I was wondered if any of you could suggest a decently priced phone, all im interested in is a camera, (not video) bluetooth and colour. If anyone can suggest a decently priced one it would be appriciated as im not coming up with anything...

I have come across one but just wondered if anyone happened to know of a better priced one. The one I have come across is - click here

Thanks in advance

Aidan

(as you have probably guessed, im not after anything particularly expensive...)

wjrt 21:28 03 Oct 06

click here

you pay but get cash back on production of receipts think has links to carphone warehouse but for 200 minutes and texts per month for a total cost of £30 for a year and free phone

Ade_1 21:36 03 Oct 06

I have had a look at places like that. The only thing I have with that is if there are any "hidden charges" such as you have to pay a certain amount a month despite paying the contract (which you will get your money back)

Also, if I was to go with an option like that, would it be something like 45days before I recieved my money back?

Another thing, to anyone who is on a contract like this, if I was to call someone off peak would I get charged seperately for this. Sorry if thats a silly question however I have never been on a contract before.

Thanks

Aidan

Ade_1 21:41 03 Oct 06

I have just read over how it works. I see that you send in your 4th 8th and 12th bills rather than monthly therefore I would not be getting my money back straight away(ish)

I think for the moment that PAYG is probably better for me in terms of money to go with a cheaper PAYG phone.

lisa02 22:27 03 Oct 06

I'm in the market for a PAYG cheapy phone click here is what I'm looking at. That or the PEBL.

Dizzy Bob 22:46 03 Oct 06

Duckmagic posts excellent mobile phone deals click here

DB

sean-278262 01:10 04 Oct 06

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works and go off topic but the L7 my best mate has it and while overall a good phone (extremely thin) it has pretty rubbishy battery life. Another friend has the PEBL and I have used it a few times and find it hard to type text messages in. Ade1 is bluetooth vital. I have for my k300i the standard in the box wired attachment and I find it is quite usable. I dont get the fad about having this awful looking this on your ear. The K300i is a nice phone has everything you require less the bluetooth. Plus I have seen it for £49.99 in orange stores and probably even better deals out there.

I have tried to find this next item but there is an attachment you can get for SE phones that allows any to be made into a bluetooth compatable phone by means of a simple attachment and Im sure other phones have similar options. This would open up a huge market of phones to you as a lot of phones are certainly going to be out of your price range and not all are that aesthetically pleasing.

Ade_1 13:21 04 Oct 06

Thanks for the info Creature.

The main reasoning for a bluetooth is for transfer of items to and from the pc and other phones.

However, it would be a possibility to using USB for a while or even having a look at the bluetooth attachment.

Just a quick question what is an SE phone, sorry if im coming across a bit thick.

Thanks

Aidan

lisa02 13:38 04 Oct 06

SE = Sony Ericsson

I went for this in the end SE W810i click here get it tomorrow by 1pm according their blurb, can't wait.

£149 + free delivery.

Ade_1 17:13 04 Oct 06

Thanks for the info Lisa :) However £149 is slightly out of my range but thanks for the help.

Regarding your reply Pattoo, I really do appriciate the offer however I am preferebly looking for one with Bluetooth.
Thanks again

Aidan

lisa02 17:21 04 Oct 06

what about motorola razor phone? down to 69quid click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…