Mobile broadband advice sought

Totally-braindead 20:36 05 Mar 09

I thought I would ask the learned fellows on this site about this as I know next to nothing about it.
My sister has just come back from the US and is in private rented accomodation for a few months and she has no BT line and wants BB to keep in touch with her kids back in the US.
Now in the US she had something called Vantage which, from the way she has described it to me is some kind of VOIP system which gives you a phone connection and BB fast enough to use with a webcam and I wondered if theres anything similar over here thatwould do her.
She has mentioned the Sky P thing which I have vaguely heard of and I know theres the mobile BB packages but have no idea if any of them are a reasonable speed or are any good.
Anyone any advice or suggestions?
Did consider telling her to use my PC but I live up the stairs and she has mobility problems.

wjrt 23:34 05 Mar 09
  Totally-braindead 00:05 08 Mar 09

Thanks but I've already looked at that.

I've read all the pages about it, you use google and thats the first site that comes up. It doesn't answer any of my questions. Its just advertising.

What I was looking for is some advice from someone who has a reasonably priced mobile broadband that they are happy with.

P1d 10:41 08 Mar 09

I have Vodafone mobile broadband which I use when out of the house. I'm very happy with it and haven't had any issues, I pay £15 per month which gives me 3gb a month and up to 7mb download speed.

I know someone who has Orange mobile broadband, not sure what they pay or what it includes but they are happy with it.

Hope this helps.
P1d

Totally-braindead 23:40 08 Mar 09

It helps a bit, thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…