Mitsubishi or IIyama monitor?

ray27 08:59 19 Nov 03

Can anyone offer advice on which monitor is best
A vision Master pro 454 19 in from IIyama or a Diomond Pro 930SB 19 in from Mitsubishi?

Taking into account that my eyes are not what they used to be
Many Thanks Ray

wags 09:17 19 Nov 03

I have Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 930sb and it is an excellent display, sharp, great colours, bright etc. If you check out PC Advisor reviews, you will note that they refer to the Mitsubishi as 'the best 19" CRT money can buy'. Enough said.
Happy shopping.
Wags

ray27 09:43 19 Nov 03

As I said in another thread with my new computer I did ask for a misubishi pro 930 sb but they sent me an iilama pro454 instead and I was wondering if I should keep it
Iwill take your advice and insist on the diomond pro 930sb
many thanks
ray

Sir Radfordin 10:56 19 Nov 03

IIyama supply some of the best monitors I've ever seen. They also have some of the best customer service methods going. I don't think you would notice the difference.

If you feel hard done-by then why not suggest your PC supplier give you a refund on something like the P&P you paid and call it quits. Use the argument they will have to pay to ship something else to you and so can save themselves money, and you hassle by doing it this way.

Stuartli 11:09 19 Nov 03

Both are first class monitor manufacturers - it's a case of which offers the best specification at the price you wish to pay.

Like Sir Radfordin I've had superb after sales service from iiyama.

It's a long story in that dabs supplied me with two new iiyama S702GT monitors three or four years back. One was clearly a return and even had the return note in the box.

I didn't bother with dabs, but contacted iiyama direct. The company was horrified and immediately swung into action.

A brand new (manufactured only a month earlier) monitor was delivered next morning and the dabs supplied one collected at the same time.

In the case of Mitsubishi, many of its larger monitors are also, or have been, rebadged as Sony, Dell etc.

However, whichever model you choose, make sure it is capable of at least 85MHz refresh rate at the maximum resolution.

ray27 12:02 19 Nov 03

The last monitor I had (the one that came with the mesh) was a Mitsubishi pro 930sb and it may be my imagination but it did seem better than the lllyama Pro 454.

As it was the one that I ordered I am insisting that that is the one I should have.

I can see 2 thin lines running across the screen and I have read that this is a feature of the IIlama monitor.

When I run a DVD it appears very dark even though I increase the brightness etc.

With the Mitsubishi all I had to do was press the super bright button.

There is a similar function on the IIlyama called OPQ but this has little effect so I am going to insist on the Mitsubishi .

My first impression with Carrera are very favourable here’s hoping it stays that way

Sir Radfordin 14:18 19 Nov 03

The two thin lines are a feature of flat screen technology, they hold part of it in place. 99% of the time you won't notice them and most users do get used to them.

But as your the one using the monitor its best to make sure you are happy with it. It is perhaps the most important item to get right when buying a PC.

Stuartli 14:45 19 Nov 03

It's not just a feature of the iiyama monitor, but of all Sony Trinitron tubes and that of the Mitsubishi version (I think it's called Diamondtron in this case), which is made under licence from Sony who invented the concept.

These tubes offer an unparalleled viewing experience and you should soon stop noticing the lines; it's similar to people who live on a busy road who become oblivious to the traffic noise.

Jester2K II 15:17 19 Nov 03

My Iiyama VM Pro 411 has these 2 lines too. So did the other 22 in the offices i used to work in...

cycoze 17:09 19 Nov 03

I cant compare the Mitsubishi to IIyama as i havent used the IIyama .

However i purchased a Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 930SB from click here , i ordered it on Monday 27th Oct and it arrived Tuesday 28th Oct.

As said above The shadows from the damper wires used to stabilize the aperture grille are most noticeable when the screen’s background is light , but i have to say i just dont notice them anymore .

The brightness/SuperBright button really is great when editing pictures and viewing DVD , as yet i have not tried it with any games.

I have no hesitation on recommending this Monitor to anyone , its First Class .

Stuartli 17:33 19 Nov 03

PowerDVD version 5 has the option to brighten the screen in its Preferences section, if it's of any interest to those without this facility.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…