Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 930sb

Brirev 16:57 03 Jan 04

I have recently purchased the above monitor and have noticed two faint lines both about 2 inches from the top and bottom (respectively) of the screen.

Now I know that the monitor manual says these are part of the normal display charteristics of the monitor, but I was wondering how much other users of this monitor have noticed the lines?

ajm 17:17 03 Jan 04
  Stuartli 17:38 03 Jan 04

Most people eventually get to ignore them - it's a bit like living on a busy road and not noticing the sound of the traffic after a few days or driving your car and not having to think about changing gear.

minter 17:46 03 Jan 04

Snap. I recently purchased a 930sb too.

Before that I had a 17in. Trinitron for 5 years.

Both have the wires - both have the same fault you do not notice them shortly after you start using them.

Only time you see them is on a white screen, and then you have to be looking for them.

They are part of the technology used in the screen - and a brilliant screen it is too.

Am very, very happy with mine. Hope you are too!

ch0pper 06:45 04 Jan 04

I have an ADIMicroscan monitor, and it too has these lines, although I'd forgotten about them until I read your post ;)

That being said, this is by far the best monitor I've ever used for clarity and flatness.

Ypu do learn to ignore them after a while.

And it's far far far better than using a non-Trinitron-type screen and putting up with the curves.

wags 08:41 04 Jan 04

I also have a Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 930sb and ditto all the above remarks. I can honestly say that I don't notice them at all, even on this forum's web site with its white background !! I don't see it at all on games or general graphics.

It's an excellent monitor (PCA refer to it as the best 19" CRT money can buy).

Stuartli 09:35 04 Jan 04

The Mitsubishi Diamond tube is a Trinitron type built under licence from Sony.

You can get flat screen CRT monitors, just as with televisions, so you don't have to put up with curves (apart from Kirstie Gallagher or Kelly Brock that is)..:-)

anchor 16:37 04 Jan 04

I had a similar Mitsubishi 17" model, and truthfully, after a short while I never noticed them.

The quality of the picture is superb.

Brirev 17:01 04 Jan 04

...especially the one from ajm with the website reference.

I too think that the monitor quality is v good - to the extent that some of my friends/colleagues don't believe that I'm hard-up anymore! :-)

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…