Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 750 SB Problem

hybrid 10:21 07 Feb 03

I have just bought a new computer from Mesh with a Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 750 SB monitor. No problems with the computer. However the monitor has two thin lines one about a third from top and the other a third from the bottom which is obvious when working with a white background such as Word. When I contacted Mitsubishi, she said this was normal and these were wires going through the monitor? Is this true? I would be gratful for your help.

BRYNIT 10:43 07 Feb 03

This is the way the tube is constructed. a thread asking the same question was posted not long ago but unable to find it. It had an explanation of this.

*mark 15:31 07 Feb 03

All Diamondtron monitors have 2 fine horizontal lines. Like you I was unaware of this fact untill the monitor arrived, Im surprised that so few hardware reviews point this out.

Those 2 fine lines dont stop the Mitsubishi 750SB from being an excellent monitor though - Im well impressed with mine.

Mark.

Pappyon 16:21 07 Feb 03

My Diamond Pro 740SB bought as part of a system from MESH like yourself has these lines you mention.
The monitor I have on loan, at the moment from Mitsubishi, the Diamond Pro 710 while mine is in for repair (nothing to do with the lines by the way) has these lines as well. This seems to be a common thing. As you say you only notice the lines against a brilliant white background.

Even although my Diamond Pro 740SB conked out after 14 months I would buy another one without hesitation.

Up to now I can't praise Mitsubishi Customer Service enough! If you are unfortunate to require a repair within the 3 year warranty period they pick your monitor up and lend you one of an equivalent size and specifications for free. They even provide a box to take your monitor away and bring it back. MESH has no part in it. You deal direct with Mitsubishi.

Stuartli 19:48 07 Feb 03

The Trinitron and Diamondtron (built under licence from Sony by Mitsubishi) all have the two horizontal lines, which are the supports for the aperture grille (wires stretched vertically down the screen).

Ordinary tubes have a shadow mask, which is a metal plate with holes in it.

Sir Radfordin™ 22:40 07 Feb 03

Only be worried if the lines are vertical!

These lines, are, as pointed out very normal and there is nothing wrong with the monitor. Its one of those things that is fine till someone points it out to you or you notice it and then you can't help but look at it!

Stuartli 02:01 08 Feb 03

As you have obviously found out, this website is a wonderful source of information - almost as good as google...:-)

Well, something approaching as good as google...

anchor 09:04 08 Feb 03

I have had my Diamond Pro 730 for almost 2 years. Superb picture.

After a while I am sure you won`t even notice these lines; at least I don`t.

Like Pappyon, I found Misubishi give excellent service. Enjoy!.

Stuartli 14:33 08 Feb 03

It's a bit like living on a road with heavy traffic - after a while you don't notice the noise.

hybrid 22:38 11 Feb 03

Thanks for all your help. I'm a little surprised it is never mentioned within magazines too.

Stuartli 00:12 12 Feb 03

It's mentioned quite often actually as some people, such as yourself, are still unaware of these two faint lines on Trinitron/Diamondtron tubes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…