Minor Spam Query

laurie53 08:08 05 Dec 07

I've just been spammed by Sky. I find this a bit unusual, because in my experience most of the reasonably reputable companies don't do it.

I'm already a Sky subscriber, so my spam filter wouldn't dump it, but my query is, have I ticked or opened something which indicated to Sky that I was interested?

€dstowe 09:02 05 Dec 07

If you have ticked or opened something that might account for this then you should be able to stop them. Does the message give the option to discontinue receiving these messages? If not, as Sky claims to be a reputable company, complain saying that you find their business practices objectionable.

keef66 11:42 05 Dec 07

Is it definitely from Sky? I have recently started receiving phishing emails purporting to be from Abbey, LLoydsTSB and Natwest, even though they clearly aren't.

Clapton is God 12:59 05 Dec 07

"I have recently started receiving phishing emails purporting to be from Abbey, LLoydsTSB and Natwest, even though they clearly aren't"

Where have you been for the last few years?

This type of phishing (from 'banks') is as old as the hills!

keef66 16:36 05 Dec 07

I know, but until very recently I only ever got proper emails, and felt a bit left out. Now it seems the baddies have acquired my email address

laurie53 20:38 05 Dec 07

Since it is not asking for any information, nor is there even a link, there not a lot of point in anyone but Sky sending it.

It is simply an advertisement.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5