The migration begins to O2

Dragon_Heart 20:37 19 Aug 08

Been with Tesco ISP for about 2 years but paying £18 / month for unlimited half meg broadband.

Asked them if in light of their competitors prices they would reduced their rate NO !

So rang O2 on Monday morning to sign up after getting my MAC code of Tesco ( Virgin )

Today (Tuesday ) got by CD and wireless box from O2 and a text to confirm I should be on line with them by the 26th.

They are keeping me informed of developments every step of the way via text

Will update as things progress ......

jimmybond 22:05 19 Aug 08

"Will update as things progress ......"

Please do, the tension and drama is almost unbearable already. Like a good book, this has the potential to be one of those threads that you just can't tear yourself away from.....will Tesco relent and drop their price?...will O2 make a hash of the transfer?? who can tell!! oh my god! :-)

Border View 23:24 19 Aug 08

you just have to be a scot. (FE this is not a recist remark) joke OK

Green 1 00:59 20 Aug 08

I for one am interested, I am with Tesco and feel the same, please post how things go.

Dragon_Heart 02:33 20 Aug 08

jimmybond ..... I aim to please !

It's clear Virgin sorry Tesco have more customers than they know what to do with.

Consumerwatch is full of complaints about poor service and / or goods so when I find something that's good ( so far )I let others know.

I will just say I have had no real problems with Tesco ( plus the wife gets 18 extra Clubcard Points each month ) it's just the price & level of service.

jaritch 08:35 20 Aug 08

Indeed like myself Jimmybond must be a Scot as he has a sense of humour.

birdface 10:35 20 Aug 08

I have been with NTL[Virgin media]For about 5 years now and will admit there service was fairly poor.But in the last year I would say there has been a great improvement in their service and with cheaper packages being offered I would now recommend them again to anyone interested in joining them.long may it continue.

exdragon 10:45 20 Aug 08

I was with BT ever since I've had an internet connection, but when I was offered o2 for £2.50 (yes, two pounds fifty)last February when my mobile contract was up for renewal, I said I'd ring them in August once I was out of the latest 12 month BT contract. I rang BT to see what they could offer me on my rental of £17.99. All they could come up with was to reduce it to £16.99.

Back to o2, who said that, as I was an o2 customer, I could have it for £7.50. When I mentioned that I'd been offered it for less in February, they checked and said I could have it free for the first year and then I should ring to see what else I could have!

Connection was easy, though I had to ring Customer Services a couple of times to sort out my Outlook emails and they've been great. Only niggle was when the order was taken: I was asked for a user name and password - to my mind, that's for use on a website and the all the texts I received about it confirmed that. However, what was actually wanted was an email address. No problem, really, as I immediately set up another one. When I did that, the first box on the set up page asked for a verification code and just as I was wondering what on earth it was, a text arrived...

Like Dragon_Heart, I never really had problems with my previous ISP, but this is too good to turn down and the free 24 hour helpline is a bonus.

GaT7 12:53 20 Aug 08

If anyone is thinking of taking up O2 broadband, don't forget you can also get £25 cashback from click here (already received mine a few months ago). As I'm also an O2 mobile customer, I pay £5.50 per month in total as a result :-). Was previously paying £10 for quarter the speed with Virgin Media.

"Only niggle was when the order was taken: I was asked for a user name and password" - I've been with around 10 ISPs (2 broadband) over the years & ALL of them did that. It's required for various things connected to your account & is standard procedure by all ISPs I believe. G

superhoops 13:29 20 Aug 08

O2 broadband is fantastic.never been happier with an isp. Very reliable connection, helpline is free, which is unusual these days, and yes they actually help!! I get normally about 6.5 mb connection and never cuts out. Fab!

jimmybond 13:40 20 Aug 08

6.5Mb connection?
pffph.
us Scots are lucky if we can get Electricity ;-)
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…