Mid priced laptop for gaming/video editing

geands 16:01 20 Aug 13

I am looking to purchase a laptop that will manage game playing and video editing for teenager/student who does bit of both and needs the power/tech when required but is not a 'full on' user of either.

I have researched a spec - i7 processor with a speed of 2.00 or above/dedicated graphics/8gb of ram or above. I am ok with buying second hand to get more for the money - with about £500 to spend. Alienware and Toshiba Qosmio are too expensive and many of the recommended laptops are only suitable for everyday e-mail/web browsing and watching videos.

Can someone suggest some laptops that bridge the gap please?

hastelloy 14:58 21 Aug 13

Do you really need a laptop - you'll get more for your money with a desktop?

geands 15:20 21 Aug 13

Yes - we travel a lot at weekends and though it doesn't have to light to carry around it does need to be portable

Chronos the 2nd 15:35 21 Aug 13

What sort of games are you talking about? Though with a £500 budget you will struggle unless you can pick up a bargain second hand one somewhere.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…