MicroWarehouse

Squeals 20:38 11 Jan 06

Anyone know anything about MicroWarehouse? Are they any good in respect of service, delivery, after care etc.?

I am planning to buy a Sony Vaio VGN-S5XP and they are the best price I can find on the web and who have stock (was BADLY let down by eBuyer - no surprises there after having read some of the earlier posts).

Incidentally does anyone have any particularly positive or negative views on the laptop mentioned?

All replies gratefully received and responded to within 24-48 hours.

Squeals

Stuartli 20:52 11 Jan 06

It's changed its name. See:

click here

However, if it is a company that is based in Manchester in the vicinity of the university that I'm thinking of, then it is/was OK.

In fact I've visited the outlet to collect items wanted by one of the offspring on at least one occasion.

However, name wise I'm going on memory as it's some years ago.

Can't find any addresses on the website.

Squeals 20:56 11 Jan 06

Noticed under their Ts and Cs they are actually DSG trading as MicroWarehouse so that means they are part of Dixons STore Group sdoesn't it?! If so perhaps it's a refurb, although the ebsite doesn't seem to indicate thta anywhere).

Thanks for such a speedy response.

May well order tonight unless anyone comes up with any scare stories.....

Stuartli 21:01 11 Jan 06

Just found out a bit more (not company I'm thinking about, despite similar name):

click here

Stuartli 21:05 11 Jan 06

Re DSG Retail Limited - yes, it would appear so.

It's comforting to learn, though I can't work out exactly just how comforting...:-)

Squeals 21:07 11 Jan 06

Looks like maybe a bit of a lottery buying from MicroWarehouse! Early posts suggest pretty good but recent ones suggest serious degradation in service.

May have to reconsider. REading everyone's posts on Amazyn (which gave me great cause to LOL!!) I perhaps shoudl buy from my local greengrocer.

Squeals

Stuartli 21:12 11 Jan 06

>>Early posts suggest pretty good but recent ones suggest serious degradation in service.>>

Which posts are you reffering to in this case?

Squeals 21:37 11 Jan 06

Sorry - earlier posts on the Pricerunner website in 2005 (August and earlier) as per your link.

Think I'll chance it - I'm not adverse to some good old fashioned hard nosed customer complaining if things go pear shaped - plus credit card company has always helped me out in the past with any disputes!

Have a good one and thanks for your responses.

Squeals

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5