Microstar notebook

Kilobyte 16:18 17 Jul 03

Has anyone had experience of the Microstar notebooks currently at Dixons / PCW ? They seem good value but does the price reflect the build quality / reliability? I think they are related to the Medion brand, but any comments on this would be welcome.

davidg_richmond 00:00 18 Jul 03

Kilobyte, yes the Microstar notebooks are made by Medion. Can't really comment on reliability as these particular models haven't been around too long yet, but they're a great laptop spec for the price. Don't buy them for games though as the graphics card is integrated and won't run many new games at all.

The only downpoints about them is lack of PC Card slots for upgradeability (such as wireless networking etc) and the feel of the chassis.

davidg_richmond 00:04 18 Jul 03

(The integrated gfx I mentioned only relates to the £699 model)

Kilobyte 10:16 18 Jul 03

I did a search on the whatlaptop.co.uk forums and the majority of comments are negative about them, a lot of problems with dead pixels.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…