Microsoft XP Students Licence Windows and Office

Gorillaz 11:13 01 Aug 03

Can anyone please help regarding the licensing agreement for the above.
I have a laptop and a desktop that my two sons who are both in full time education use. I also use both of these units for my own use, mostly for working from home. Can I use the the students versions of Windows & Office XP without incurring the wrath of Microsoft.

slimpickins 12:15 01 Aug 03

Yes, register it on the desktop. MS allows you install the same copy on a laptop too.

Djohn 15:00 01 Aug 03

Yes, slimpickins is correct office may be used on 1 desktop and 1 laptop belonging to same owner, and will activate with no problems. j.

spuds 23:55 01 Aug 03

If you install the MicroSoft XP to both machines, then watch out for any repair or upgrader facility.My local repair shop, will not install XP to both machines, due to MicroSoft and their piracy clampdown.The shop insists that one XP disk, is per one computer only.

Djohn 00:07 02 Aug 03

Your correct, 1 XP O/S per PC, but versions of Office may go on 1 laptop and 1 desktop belonging to same owner/user. Regards. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…