Microsoft XP Home OEM With Service Pack 1A

Just bought this, seems like a good deal!

click here

I am looking to build a computer for my son and have been thinking about getting an OEM version of Windows XP.

Thing is, I now have all of the hardware so I assume that I would not be able to purchase this item without buying an internal component.

Djohn 21:00 10 Oct 03

Most stores will sell the O/S without a hardware purchase, but even those that insist on hardware again, most will accept a mouse as being an essential item to operate a PC.

DieSse 22:00 10 Oct 03

Read this is the conditions on the link given :-

....to be sold with any "non-peripheral hardware component" and is bundled as such.

rev.bem 22:04 10 Oct 03

Did you purchase it as a single item?

microswift 22:23 10 Oct 03

I bought XP Home OEM version on its own about six months ago from overclockers, cost £76 inc. delivery.

I did note the conditions on the link given but there still seems to be some debate about this issue in general.

I guess that as Ebuyer have this as a conition means that they will apply it but I would be interested in receiving a reponse from [email protected] anyway.

Joanne_1 23:27 10 Oct 03

I bought xp home for £70 and xp pro for £110 from the computer shop around the corner from where I live..it was OEM but I dont care about a box and instructions.

Yep I bought a USB cable for 79 pence :-)

Reading the conditions it says that it is "bundled" with a non peripheral component - I would imagine I will be getting a IDE cable along with the software.

The licencing of windows is all a bit daft - It reminds me of market stall holders who sell fake Rolex watches by selling an empty box for £20 (but you get a free watch when you buy the box).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…