Microsoft Is Using Linux

powerless 20:43 21 Aug 03

Microsoft Is Using Linux To Protect Its Own Web Site.

click here

"Microsoft has made a big deal out of asserting that Linux is not fit for the enterprise. But Microsoft itself is using Linux to help protect its servers against denial-of-service attacks."

Seems sensible.

rickf 21:21 21 Aug 03

Thanks for the news Powerless. BTW, in the Helproom there is a guy called Ping Pong who can't get his 2nd h/d to work. I and others have tried to help to no avail, I remeber you sorted out my prob when I posted, Can you have a look?

Sir Radfordin 23:00 21 Aug 03

eh hum... click here

Forum Editor 23:17 21 Aug 03

for the link. This urban myth - that Microsoft is running on Linux - was doing the rounds earlier this week, but a quick look at the facts soon clears the air.

SheffieldSpy 08:47 22 Aug 03

I have read an article that suggests that Microsoft is paying $421 million to fight off Linux. Its a lot of money to waste.

Sir Radfordin 09:57 22 Aug 03

$421 million is nothing compared to the amounts that M$ stand to loose should a mass exodus to Linux come about.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…