Microsoft Security Updates on CD

Border View 17:34 21 Feb 04

Please forgive me if this has been mentioned earlier but I have tried a search and didnt find anything.

I've read in another forumn that if you visit
http(:)//click here you can order a CD which will be sent free which includes all security updates for Windows 98, 98SE and others up to an including XP.

Has anyone else heard about this please?

powerless 17:52 21 Feb 04

Yup!

kinger 18:31 21 Feb 04

That's handy as I often have to perform a fresh installation of Windows XP and having most updates on CD saves hours of download time.

Nice post, thank you.

K!

Border View 22:48 21 Feb 04

Think I shall order a copy.

Border View 22:53 21 Feb 04

Just found out that you have to have a hotmail address. Only today I have uninstalled ms messenger because of problems is was causing. To get an hotmail address I shall have to resintall. Not happy about this. Any comments please.

cycoze 23:02 21 Feb 04

You dont have to have MSN Messenger , if you already have a Passport/Hotmail addy that will do , just go to click here to check your mail.

Dipso 23:25 21 Feb 04

An alternative? click here

powerless 02:43 22 Feb 04

Not really...

Still a big download and for the CD you have to pay.

M4D 04:14 22 Feb 04

Nice one, I too format quite alot and so i could really do with these updates on cd.

thank's for the info !!

Chris M.

TECHNODIMWIT 09:56 22 Feb 04

many thanks, mines on order, handy when reformating, building, upgrading etc...

Border View 10:00 22 Feb 04

Many thanks for that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…