Microsoft office licences and activation

cycoze 22:53 02 Feb 04

I was asked earlier by a friend if he could put his copy of Office XP on to his new machine , while leaving it on his old machine , i told him he could not without an extra licence or another copy.

His old machine has Office XP installed and is going to another family member , he wants this person to have some form of Office suite , his new machine came with an offer to purchase MS Works 2003 , which he took up , he`s assuming Works will come on a seperate disc from Evesham (heres hoping it does).

If Works can be put on the old machine , he would then want to install Office XP onto the new one , how would he go about activating it again , i assume the activation process would be the same as for the OS , if so it presumably will fail as all the hardware is different , what to do ?

Also regarding extra licences , how would one go about contacting MS ?

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:00 02 Feb 04

Installed Office XP on my new computer from my old one that was cerimoniously trashed....no problems, no activation.

G

Sir Radfordin 23:09 02 Feb 04

In most cases it you install it again it will just go through (some version of Office have a licence that allows for it to be installed on both a laptop and desktop) if it doesn't then you will be prompted to call M$ and you can tell them why you have a problem and in most cases they will allow you to activate it over the phone. I've never had a problem doing this.

Forum Editor 23:31 02 Feb 04

that it needs to be activated - which it will - and then elect for the online activation.

Microsoft understands that you'll do this, and the chances are good that the activation will succeed. If it doesn't, go for the phone activation and that will almost certainly succeed. If you have to speak to someone tell them exactly what you're doing, and you'll be fine.

cycoze 23:47 02 Feb 04

GANDALF <|:-)> , Sir Radfordin and Forum Editor , i will pass it on .

GANDALF <|:-)> i have to ask , why the ceremonious trashing ?

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:08 03 Feb 04

Split it down into bits for future use.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…