microsoft mass mailing

Elrond 18:23 20 Jan 03
  Elrond 18:23 20 Jan 03

Just been onto my hotmail account to find a fwd message from a friend. THis message had been forwarded to absolutely hundreds of people so it took me a while to get to the point. Anyway, this mail claimed that for every person you fwd it onto and they fwd it onto and so on you would get a certain amount of money per fwd. It's not a scam the message claimed. any body heard of this or recieved it. Sounds a bit too good to be true considering you will be getting something like $230 per message. This one person claimed they'd got $12,000ish because of it. By the way its only lasting 2 weeks. Tihng is i don't e-mail more than a few people, and they'e the ones who sent it, so i'm outta luck on this one if it is true.

bab5 18:29 20 Jan 03

Elrond,

it's a junk mail/spam mate , just bin it

Darran

jazzypop 18:29 20 Jan 03

It's a hoax

bab5 18:29 20 Jan 03

Elrond,

it's a junk mail/spam mate , just bin it

Darran

How does a message that costs nothing to send generate any money?

If the figures are true, and everyone sent the message on to everyone else, its the classic "Pyramid". It has been shown that if you sent a letter to ten people and each one sent it to another 10 and so on, before long you have covered the whole population of the world!

Ignore it - its simply a scam.

Elrond 18:31 20 Jan 03

I knew it would be I was just wondering If it got round any of the people on here.

How does a message that costs nothing to send generate any money?

If the figures are true, and everyone sent the message on to everyone else, its the classic "Pyramid". It has been shown that if you sent a letter to ten people and each one sent it to another 10 and so on, before long you have covered the whole population of the world!

Ignore it - its simply a scam.

jazzypop 18:32 20 Jan 03

It's also currently the top search at Snopes (the Urban Legend site). click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…