Microsoft keyboard and mouse any good?

Faser 01:43 20 Feb 04

I need a new keyboard and mouse.

Has anyone tried the Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Professional V2.0 (part no.K48-00024)?

I tried the A shaped keyboard in a store and it seemed easier on the hands.

georgemac 07:51 20 Feb 04

have not tried them but have ms internet keyboard and standard optical mouse and they are excellent.

Stuartli 08:51 20 Feb 04

Microsoft offers the highest quality keyboard and mouse sets (obviously they are rebranded products) and whatever you find easiest for your use will more than suffice.

You can also find other excellent products, often much cheaper, from A4Tech, a major player in this area; many of its quality products are rebranded by such names as Trust and Typhoon.

You'll probably recognise some of the rebadged keyboard/mouse sets offered by other major brands if you go to:

click here

961 09:51 20 Feb 04

Microsoft optical mouse is excellent but for me the wireless bit I can do without

slimbo51 10:32 20 Feb 04

Only ever use their keyboards, but prefer compaq mice. Find for me they seem to fit better in my hand, but like anything its personal choice.

Much as I hate giving Bill any more money, top class keyboards though.

Faser 16:25 20 Feb 04

I too am not bothered by the cordless side and tried to find, without success, the same corded as a set (and cheaper!).

I will check out the other suggestions, thanks for everyones help.

Stuartli 17:15 20 Feb 04

Once you've used a cordless version I doubt you'll want to go back to long spring cables...:-)

My Typhoon Navigator wireless keyboard and mouse (exactly the same as sold under the Trust brand name at £39.99 and produced by A4Tech) cost me £19.99 at Lidl about 18 months ago.

Gaz 25 02:04 21 Feb 04

Wireless eats batteries!!!

Faser 07:34 21 Feb 04

Didn't think of batteries Gaz 25! Too late now I have ordered one, thanks anyway.

Stuartli 08:42 21 Feb 04

Whatever gave you that idea?

My Typhoon keyboard is still on its original set of two AA batteries whilst I've used two sets of AAA (2) batteries in the mouse over 18 months.

I'm using my system for at least five hours a day and sometimes more.

Faser 20:23 03 Mar 04

Just a foot-note I am really pleased with my purchase despite the keyboard having a squeak, I think it got crushed in the post.

I contacted Microsoft who replaced it with the minimum of fuss in three days (quicker than Amazon delivered the first one!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…