Microsoft Excel

Les 10:40 04 Jul 03

Does anyone know where you can obtain a copy of Microsoft Excel 2000 alone - not the whole office pachage. I am a user of Excel 97 - my neighbour is a user of excel 2000.

Before I change though I'd appreciate a pointer on the advantages of upgrading (assuming that I can!).

-pops- 11:04 04 Jul 03

Excel 2000 is obsolete and been replaced by the 2002 edition. Get it from click here

It is very expensive buying as a single unit and it is much better value to buy a version of OS Office.

-pops- 11:07 04 Jul 03

You can get an upgrade of 2002 from click here but check if your version qualifies for upgrading.

Belatucadrus 12:06 04 Jul 03

What are the advantages of upgrading, that depends what you use it for, if you open a lot of excel files generated by people with more up do date versions, the update will resolve compatability issues. If you use it on a stand alone machine and only access files you create yourself, there is very little point in upgrading. Particularly if 97 does everything you require of it.

Les 16:37 04 Jul 03

Belatucadrus: Good advice, Thanks.
Pops: Thanks for the links - but, as Bel. says I should stay as I am with Excel 97, for, as you say - it's expensive!

Such is life

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…