Microphone for Skype.

knockin on 12:23 19 Feb 06

I recently bought a logitech headset and mic' for use with Skype, but the mic produced only very low volume. All my computer settings are correct - thanks to advice elsewhere on PCA, but I am now looking to buy another mic-not necessarily with headset-that will give adequate volume. Any ideas please as to make/model. - It feels as tho' the Logitech (since returned unused) was maybe the wrong impedance??

Pamy 12:41 19 Feb 06

Hiya, mine is just a cheap £3:50 on a stand bought at a computer fair (probably Chineese) and it works fine

knockin on 16:11 19 Feb 06

that's interesting. I wondered if, maybe, I had not paid enough for one.

Stuartli 22:52 19 Feb 06

I had a cheapo headset with mike but it proved uncomfortable in use.

Then I spotted a "Stereo Backphone with Mike and Volume Control" in a local discount store (it fits on the back of the head rather than on top and is very comfortable, with more than adequate sound quality for the purpose).

Price?

99p...:-)

knockin on 10:13 20 Feb 06

Thanks to you both. I will mark this resolved, it appears to be a bit hit'n miss as to whether the mike I buy will give good volume or not. Stll ay .99p and £3.50 I can afford to risk a couple of duff purchases.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…