microland technology? who are they? are they ok

I AM LOOKING AT POSSIBLY BUYING A MACHINE FROM THEM SHORTLY. BUT I'VE HAD TROUBLE FINDING ANY MENTION OF THEM IN THE MAJORITY OF MAGAZINES I'VE READ i.e reviews or advertisments. I CANNOT ALSO FIND THEIR TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON THEIR WEBSITE . ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Boris {B<) 23:28 14 Jan 04

Their Microland TECH AD 101.01 was the PC Advisor BEST BUY Power PC January 2004 !

I've used them a couple of times - no problems

gabriella 17:36 01 Jun 04

Hi

Anyone thinking of buying from this company needs to think very carefully - see reviews in dooyoo.co.uk and pc review - not looking very good at present and Trading Standards are looming as well as some potenital litigation. Be very careful!

Regards

Gabriella

smoothcue 17:48 01 Jun 04

I purchased a superb system from them in March.
Not to hot on communication,but system delivered on time and no problems.

gabriella 17:57 01 Jun 04

I am sure that there are some satisfied customers out there, but things this year look a bit dire - see the mags etc... I have named above. There are loads of people around the country either without a machine weeks after they ordered and paid or whose machines have proved defective. You are lucky to be able to get through to them.

All I say is be careful and check them out before parting with your money. It may be th last you see of it!

spuds 18:31 01 Jun 04

If you use the PCA forum search facility, you will find eight Consumerwatch postings about Microland. No postings in the Helproom search facility.

gabriella 18:40 01 Jun 04

Hi spuds

I am sorry but I don't understand your message - where are you suggesting people look? I am owed a lot of money by this company and any help would be useful.

Kind regards

Gabriella

gabriella 18:40 01 Jun 04

Hi spuds

I am sorry but I don't understand your message - where are you suggesting people look? I am owed a lot of money by this company and any help would be useful.

Kind regards

Gabriella

spuds 22:41 01 Jun 04

To use the forum search: At the left hand side of the screen on each page ie ConsumerWatch/Helproom etc, you will find a blue column stating Search, in that column you will see 'search the archives',below that is search which you should put your question ie microland, below that scroll to ConsumerWatch [or Helproom etc] and click that in the space,scroll down and click 'all discussions', then click on 'titles and all postings', then click on Search Button. This should [but not always,depend how you word it] find any previous postings for [in this case] Microland.

Hope this helps, and appologies if I have misunderstood you.

Ollieole 13:23 04 Jun 04

I have just had the misfortune of dealing with this company and would definitely NOT recommend them to anyone. I have dealt with many businesses in my years on this planet and this company ranks as the worst. They ignore any form of correspondence from their customers and take an age to answer the phone (up to an hour only to give up at number 2 in the queue).

See click here for further posts on how bad they are

I am on the verge of a County Court action against them

carolyne 21:18 14 Jul 04

PLZ PLZ STAY CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY!!!. i have had nothing but problems with them and refuse to refund my money. they are rude on the phone and do not answer emails to unhappy customers. 4 weeks on and they are still holding £300 of mine. why? because while peoples money is in there bank it is earning intrest for them. my c/c is now retrieving my money, and there are many forums out there about microland,all unhappy customers,trading standards have also been informed by many people, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5