Microland Addons

db0967 18:05 11 Sep 03

Anyone had any recent experience with Microland for buying a PC and/or support? Their 306 looks like jolly good value.

duckers 19:40 11 Sep 03

I was going to buy a load of compnents from them, then read their returns policy.. Very dodgy.
How to return a product

All items must be returned complete as sold with the box, cables, manuals, drivers etc., highlight the product(s) you are returning on the Delivery Note and include a full fault report. Please do not write as per conversation. Only these faults are tested for. You need to include a cheque for £15 for components (£10 test fee & £5 return postage) or £30 (£20 test fee & £10 return carriage) for a PC or base unit. This cheque will not be cashed if the goods are faulty, it covers our costs in dealing with non faulty product(s).

I didnt like the sound of this,, be very careful about after sales support, this is realistically why stuff costs a tenner more from your local PC store, because theyre good and will(normally) allow immediate returns.

db0967 12:45 12 Sep 03

Thanks Duckers. I'll have a close look at the small print.

zoomer 13:28 12 Sep 03

I have to say I have had cause to return goods on more than one ocasion to Microland and they replaced the goods quickly no problem.
The cheque bit was a bit off putting though......

db0967 14:50 14 Sep 03

Thanks Zoomer. Their Addons 306 Plus looks like such good value that I think I'll give them a try.

anarchy4uk 22:20 14 Jul 04

I've had good experiences with Microland.

* When stock - a printer - was unavailable, they provided a superior model

* I had some questions on a PC, they were extremely helpful and keen to solve the issue, which they did very quickly

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…