microdirect.co.uk

AnotherOldGit 09:27 22 Apr 04

Has any one ever had dealings with this company, if you have will you let me know your opinion of their service. Thank You. Regards AotherOldGit

byfordr 11:03 22 Apr 04

Chap at works uses them a fair bit, particularly h/ds. No problems as far as I know.

R

Pink_Panther2 11:13 22 Apr 04

Micro Direct
I have personal experience of Micro Direct, having specced a PC with the intention of building it myself. They reviewed my specs, made me aware of new products, but suggested that they build the PC for me. The reason was, that they would guarantee the system if they built it, but only the components if I built it. Truthful, honest advice, which I took. They built the system within a couple of days and hey presto! A fantastic system. Build quality was good and the price of the build was negligible, taking into account the peace of mind of the guarantee. That was nearly two years ago, and not a moment's trouble. Technology has moved on, and my next PC will most likely be sourced from them. I have no connection with the company othet than being a satisfied customer

Rayuk 19:33 22 Apr 04

Can only say I have dealt with them numerous times albeit calling in to their premises,only ever had 1 problem and that was with the IBM deathstar which they replaced with the minimum of fuss.

SEASHANTY 19:50 22 Apr 04

Excellent over the past 5 years. Sometimes call at their store on Upper Brrook St. Mc/r and have also
obtained by online order. Think the latter was around £8-50 so its preferable to call in at the store if you live in the Greater Manchester Area.

rickf 20:16 22 Apr 04

Just creative p580 speakers from them. Arrived yesterday by amtrak. no probs at all.Slight criticism is that they don't inform you that goods had been despatched and don't email consigment no. for tracking. I had to ring them up for the no. and went into my account to see that goods had been despatched.

rickf 21:05 22 Apr 04

should read just received...

Mister Splendid 21:25 22 Apr 04

Recently ordered an hdd from them. No problems.

Gaz 25 21:44 22 Apr 04

I have a trade account with them, and they are perfectly fine ;-)

Had no problems with any of their products. Not a single fault.

ade.h 22:26 22 Apr 04

No-one's said anything negative yet; this all very refreshing! I think I'll try them myself.

paxo2 19:51 23 Apr 04

I have just recieved my P4 2.8 Prescott from Microdirect. Ordered it Mon (online) and it arrived yesterday lunch time from amtrak. I agree with rickf as tracking your order is a problem and again to see that the item has been dispatched requires logging into account and checking. But the box was extremely well packaged and protected by enough bubble wrap to wall paper a large room! Can't say wether the item is faulty or not yet as my Motherboard has failed..and that was from PlanetMicro.. which is a whole other story!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…