Micro Direct not so good

brewersfan 15:10 29 Jul 03

In June I ordered come components from MD, and was verbally promised delivery on Fri 20 June. Great thought I, because I was going to be on honeymoon abroad from Sunday 22 June for 2 weeks. Friday comes, and no delivery.

When I got back, I discovered Amtrak had left a delivery card, stating they had attempted delivery on Monday. So I contacted Amtrak to see if they'd still got my stuff, and was informed it had been sent back to MD on 30 June. When I contact MD, they say they hadn't received them!!! The next thing I did was contact my credit card company to withhold payment, and they tell me MD have 60 days to reply to them.

So basically MD have taken payment for goods I haven't received. I'd like to go and buy stuff from elsewhere while this gets sorted out, but who's to say MD won't deliver it afer 59 days?

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem with MD (or with anyone else?) Any advice greatly appreciated please.

Thanks,
brewersfan

Webmaster 00:17 30 Jul 03

Is that _the_ MicroDirect based in Manchester?! If so, then my problem with them is that they never returned my applications for an account with them!

My suggestion is why not click here and try CCL Computers instead? It can be incredibly difficult to beat CCL on prices most times.

Giggle n' Bits 01:13 30 Jul 03

Courier not MD Holdings - Micro Direct in Manchester.

MD do not post the failed to deliver cards and do aurthorise the goods to be returned back to them, its down to Amtrack to hold the goods for a period of time. Then return goods when a failed delviery date has past.

Seems Amtrack are the ones at fault with a Admin/communication problem.

MD trade member.

brewersfan 14:45 31 Jul 03

Webmaster,

Yes it's the MicroDirect based in Manchester.

NoteIT,

I disagree that Amtrak are at fault. They held the goods at their depot as they are supposed to, then they returned them to MD on June 30. MD say they didn't receive them, but on Tuesday after I wrote my first post, I managed to get through to the MD customer services department. Magically the goods had appeared back at their depot! I have arranged for them to be re-delivered, but surprise surprise, I have to pay another delivery charge!!! That doesn't seem fair.

brewersfan

Fes 15:43 31 Jul 03

I had the same problem with them not replying to an application for an account. My money went elsewhere and I wont be bothering with them again, even though their prices seemed good (apart from the fact I don't know what their delivery charges are - you don't get that far if you can log in to pay!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant