Micro ATX PSU required, help me find please

Dipso 00:12 17 Jul 04

I need to replace a PSU for a AMD K6. The PSU dimensions are not standard and I can't find anything suitable.

The dims. are 115D x 150W x 85H. The existing supply is 145 Watt.

Can anyone advise where to look?

Stuartli 09:07 17 Jul 04

Take your pick:

click here

Dipso 12:55 17 Jul 04

...doing a Google was my first option.

I have trawled through these sites Kelkoo and the like, which I find hard to use, but the links don't seem to give the dimensions and as I am looking to replace a non standard size PSU, that is important.

I just wondered if anyone had ever had to replace on of these (old Time machine) PSU's and could therefore point me to a retailer. I have tried my local shop but they have told me that they are hard to come by.

Stuartli 15:06 17 Jul 04

Unless the PSU has to fit a particular housing, it shouldn't make much difference.

ATX refers to the type of power supply involved and the Micro is because a small motherboard was used; it's described under the heading of form factors.

You'll find some info on the subject at:

click here

click here

click here

Dipso 19:37 17 Jul 04

...I understand the name refers to the type of power supply, rather than its size but most standard issue PSU's seem to be around 140mm deep and there would simply not be enough space to accomodate one. Yes, I could buy a brand new case and just rebuild it but it is a 5 year old 366 K6 proccy, so it's not really worth it.

Anyway, think I have found a couple on Ebay, they are second hand but would probably do until I find a better option.

Stuartli 10:09 18 Jul 04

That's why you need to read the second link above about Micro ATX specification changes/updates etc...:-)

Dipso 21:03 18 Jul 04

Your links are fascinating but they don't help me in my mission to find a shorter than average PSU ;)

I have however found one, so probelm solved.

Stuartli 11:17 19 Jul 04

Pleased you found one, but the links would have delivered the exact specification of what was needed.

Dipso 12:26 19 Jul 04

...what am I missing here?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5