MFI no returns Policy

caast©? 21:57 11 Apr 07

Can anyone help here?

I purchase a new kitchen from MFI and ordered too many items. I went back to store and was told by the manager they have a no returns policy.

My personal view is as they are not fit for the purpose of which I bought them I am entitled to a refund. MFI say that I cannot have any refunds as they have the no returns policy.

It is my belief that no one can have such a thing as a no returns policy. They have a 7 day cooling off period which starts from the date of purchase, but delivery takes in excess of 5 weeks, so they wont take the surpluss units back and refund me for them. M

frostyuk 22:21 11 Apr 07

did you buy on credit card or crdit at all

Not being funny or anything but surely if you ordered too many items then that can not be interpreted as *not fit for purpose*.

Or have I misunderstood your posting?

oresome 22:24 11 Apr 07

Not fit for purpose.

Do you mean you changed your mind or made a mistake? Unless there's a defect of some sort I don't think you've a right to your money back.

The fact that the units took so long to arrive implies that they were made to order and I don't think many retailers will accept returns of made to order goods simply because of a mistake by the customer.

caast©? 22:58 11 Apr 07

frostyuk Yes I did thanks for pointing that out, another avenue I have to persue.

oresome

This is MFI not some bespoke kitchen retailer.

The surplus order was genuine mistake, I ordered units where the boiler was going to be placed goods are unopened but I suggested to the manager I could always damage them if they wont take them back, (Not that I would)

Question is can anyone have a non returns policy?, not according to the sale of goods act they can't.

Tim1964 23:03 11 Apr 07

I'm guessing that the goods are NOT faulty (no damage/missing parts), they ARE of merchantable quality (not falling apart) and they ARE fit for the purpose (stores food/plates), therefore you have no legal right to return them but MFI may be willing to exchange them for something else in the store. Have you tried this approach?

spuds 23:23 11 Apr 07

If you purchased the items on the internet, by telephone or mail order, then the distance selling regulations will apply. From day of delivery, you have 7 days in which to consider whether the goods are suitable. If they are not suitable, then you can return them (certain items are not covered, like made to order or perishables, to name but two exemptions to the rule) and you do not have to give a reason. Some companies allow more time or have an extended returns terms and condition policy.

If you took delivery of the goods in-store, then the company are not obliged to give you a refund or replacement, unless the goods are proven to be faulty and not fit for the purpose. Just changing your mind, because you have over ordered doesn't make them 'not fit for the purpose'.

The problem in this case, is that the order was placed in-store, from perhaps a display unit, so you would be aware of what you could have expected to have received. Did you receive or was there any form of terms and conditions regarding cancellations or returns, at the time of placing the order, either in-store, written or verbally?.

You could check further with Consumer Direct click here

Dendmar 05:39 12 Apr 07

It appears that the mistake is yours. I understand that these things happen but MFI is quite within its rights not to take the excess goods back. It depends purely on the goodwill of the staff in the shop. I've done similar myself and always asked to speak to the Manager and always been extremely polite explaining 'how I've been really stupid'. This gets them on your side. From your apparent (I may be wrong) it sounds like you went in a bit strong with MFI demanding your rights. I think what they meant is that they have no returnns policy for situations such as yours. Perhaps if you go back and 'grovel' a bit with some other member of staff, they may help you out.

Stuartli 11:38 12 Apr 07

After hearing the trials and tribulations of several friends, I wouldn't go near this particular outfit - not surprised they don't want their goods back...:-)

Seriously, as the mistake appears to be on your part, the only hope you have is that it will take them back as a gesture of goodwill, as Dendmar suggests.

Try contacting its head office:

Southon House
333 The Hyde
Edgware Road
London NW9 6TD

or Customer Services Team on 0870 607 5054.

Pine Man 13:56 12 Apr 07

I ordered a new kitchen from Homebase and had two end panels too many (my fault) and they would not take them back.

That was exactly what I expected but it was worth a try!

I don't think caast©? has a leg to stand on.

pj123 16:45 12 Apr 07

Like Stuartli, I also, wouldn't go anywhere near this outfit.

I seem to remember a few weeks ago that MFI were in trouble anyway? They couldn't get anyone to buy them.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…