Mesh....Yes or No!

horsey4u 15:29 05 Nov 05

Please help, am after a new pc for games, bb, bit of office work etc
Seen a good deal with mesh computers but have heard an awful lot of feedback esp about couriers and of very poor customer service. What do you think I should do, shall I take the plunge and order from them and hope for the best or what! Has any1 ordered from them recently and can give any feedback.

The pc I was looking to purchase is click here

Please help as I dont know what to do!!

961 15:38 05 Nov 05

If you read the threads you'll see that most folk find Mesh good value. I've bought a couple from them myself and been impressed with the value and the basic build quality. Most folk who buy and are happy don't bother to post here

Equally, you'll see service quality is rated generally as poor. If it doesn't work out the box it's generally going to be a total pain

£1500 is an awful lot to pay for a computer these days in my book. For just a tiny fraction less in performance or latest spec you could save £500, but that's up to you

What I would say is that if you order and it doesn't work well out of the box, return it under the distance selling regs within 7 days and buy elsewhere. Chances are it will work fine but probably 5% of customers have a problem. If you are one of those cut your losses straight away

bremner 15:45 05 Nov 05

If it's what you want at the price you want to pay then there is only one answer - YES

horsey4u 15:47 05 Nov 05

Any1 have any recent feedback about there experience with purchasing from mesh.

Stuartli 15:57 05 Nov 05

Mesh sells thousands of new computer systems every year - there are bound to be a few disgruntled or unhappy customers and these are usually the ones who make their unhappiness public knowledge.

The rest just get on with it just like an elderly friend on whose behalf I acquired a Mesh system two years ago.

The person concerned is now 83, took to computing like a duck to water and even got broadband a year before me.

The reason? No one could get through to her on the telephone...:-)

Zak 20:31 05 Nov 05

I purchased a built to order Tower only, Mesh Matrix2 SLI which I received 3 weeks ago. So far no problems at all. I am still getting to grips with the beast and Win XP.

From placing the order to receiving the tower it took 2 weeks and 2 days. Everything went as it should. BTW I colected mine from their factory/showrooms.

I am very happy with my investment and I have no hesitation in making recommendations to buy a Mesh.

jan-boy 22:29 05 Nov 05

I have two Mesh built to order machines, one is 4 years old the other 6 months.

No complaints and will buy again if I'm not to old when the time comes (63) at the moment.

Sans le Sou 22:43 05 Nov 05

Thought the neighbour was 85 now

Jamesy 23:27 05 Nov 05

I got a Mesh a few years back. Bad experience, never again. Had a lot of trouble with the shipping of the item, paid for it they delayed the send. Once they got my money they didnt care and customer service was a nightmare. Also when I had a problem with the fan on the graphics card, I called them and they dont do onsite service out of hours which is useless as I work during the day they are not flexible. Eventually managed to get them to come out but that was like pulling teeth. And the system performance was nothing special, even though the review I read said it was.

Go with Dell. I've had many people recommend them to me, their systems are top notch.

Stuartli 23:30 05 Nov 05

Not unless she's been lying about her age...:-)

She was 81 when the system was first acquired.

Forum Editor 23:39 05 Nov 05

that companies like Mesh sell tens of thousands of computers every month, and the vast majority of their customers have no problems at all.

The bigger a company is the more likely it is that you'll see reports of bad experiences - computers are complex electronic devices, and many people find it difficult to get to grips with software at first. This is the cause of many consumer complaints, as are delivery delays. Some hardware components do fail, and when they do it sometimes isn't an easy matter to diagnose the problem - machines have to be returned, or engineers have to make site visits. All this can lead to delays and frustration.

These incidents are what you read about here, in the forum - what you don't read about (at least, not so often) is the huge majority of perfectly-functioning computers and happy customers.

Keep a sense of perspective and you'll be fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…