Mesh'd about by system crashes

Seve23 11:23 16 Apr 03

I have what seems to be the same problem posted earlier this month by Arthur Fowler. He got his problem resolved by Mesh but they are completely ignoring me. My system crashes, sometimes even during boot-up and sometimes not for an hour or more. It is completely random. I have re-installed XP tried all kinds of diagnostics and all seem to point to a hardware problem. I think the main problem I have with Mesh is that I have a 3 year 'on-site' warranty and they don't have anyone to attend 'on-site'.

jjf72 11:46 16 Apr 03

I had the same problem with my new Mesh a year ago. First time it was a faulty motherboard, second time it was faulty memory. Eventually got a new machine but it was a long, bitter and unpleasent fight. I'm afraid you may have to keep nagging and arguing for some time to get satisfaction, but they seem to like it that way.

If you or they suspect it's a hardware fault they'll need the machine back so don't expect any on-site assistance.

Seve23 12:25 16 Apr 03

I have received a response from MESH (quick this time, at last). However, you are correct in that they want the PC returned. It actually makes a nonsense of an 'on-site' warranty if they say they cannot repair 'on-site'. What on earth does 'on-site' mean? Is it purely a sales ploy? Has anyone had an 'on-site' engineer visit from Mesh? I have agreed to collection now purely out of frustration. I wonder how long they will take to rectify and return my PC. I should have realised it was a mistake, my system was delivered on the 13th of the month!

MESH Response 13:43 16 Apr 03

Unfortunately, based on all the information obtained we are unable to isolate the nature of the problem. It is more than likely that the problems experienced could be due to a faulty motherboard. What is required are full diagnostics testing and repair. In short - the PC needs to be put on a test bed so we can 'lock down' the problem.

We would not be able to undertake this on-site, however we can assure Seve23 this repair will be given serious and urgent attention and a fast turn-round on its arrival at MESH repairs.

MESH Response

Seve23 08:17 17 Apr 03

I have had a full response from Mesh and have accepted that the system has to be returned.The action, this time, so far, has been polite and quick. Now await documentation and hope for a speedy result.
We shall see.

geezer13 22:56 18 Apr 03

When I first received my mesh, luckily it was within the return period although I did get the distinct impression that they were trying to stall me!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…