Mesh Worst Service Ever Experienced

ChrisPan 16:10 22 Aug 03

I have previously posted on this forum with regards to problems I had with mesh when they delivered me a faulty PC.

At that time I managed to resolve these problems but if you are interested they are titled Unhelpful Mesh!!

Anyway to cut a Long story short I had multiple faults with the PC delivered to me and sent the box back for a replacement.

I was very happy when 3 days later a "new" box.

I took it out of the packaging and the first thing noticed was that the front was damaged.

Then I wired it up and exactly the same same faults were occurring.

I then thought this was rather odd!!! I remembered that I had taken a note of the previous boxes unique serial numbers and compared them. No prizes for guessing what I discovered!!!

Yes exactly the same PC and not a new one!!!
Further to this the problems with it had not been rectified!!!!

So I call Mesh and explain this to them and ask the to pick up the PC as I now just want my money back.

They say I have to send the box back and have it tested!!! But I say it's the same box as before you promised me a new one and I have service reports declaring it faulty!!! Just take the whole lot back!!! But no mesh can not do this because if i just send the whole lot back now it will mesh (sorry mess) up all their internal proceedures and this may actually delay my refund!!!

Anyway the crux of this really is if you need to buy a PC and work on it do not buy one from mesh.

They have cost me a small fortune in phone calls. I'm already paying th interest on the PC I bought and cant buy a new one until I get the refund.

Basically I now about to lose another weeks work time because they refuse to help me in almost any way!!!

To summarise the problems I have had have included:

Late Delivery
Faulty PC
Rude and unhelpful customer services (including the managers in fact most of them were polite it was only the managers that were rude)
Broken promise of a new PC
Even then the PC was returned with the same faults it had before and even had some damage to the box!!

Finally I would just like to add that this really has been the worst experience I have ever had with any company in my whole life!!!

ray27 16:36 22 Aug 03

I have been there myself so I can sypmathise with you. If its any consolation you are not alone
Best of luck
Ray

oliverdore 17:01 22 Aug 03

I've had my Mesh PC for about 18 months, and I had a problem with my Monitor which took me about 3 or 4 months of phone calls and letters. I eventually had my CPU sent back to base with it's processor changed (upgraded for free!), and a replacement graphics card. This didn't solve problem however, and the monitor eventually had to be sent back and a new one sent out to me.

Although the process wasn't quite as efficient as I'd like - I understand that mistakes are made sometimes (I make enough of them myself everyday!) but I'm pretty chuffed with my Mesh PC.

I would certainly buy from them again, and my brother and Mum have both bought from them since seeing what mine was like. They haven't had any problems whatsoever with their PC's (except a supplied TV card my brother didn't like the quality of, but that wasn't Mesh's fault).

Anyway, this is the other side of the coin... I do, however, sympathise with your situation ChrisPan.

MESH Response 17:34 22 Aug 03

We are sorry to hear that ChrisPan feel this way. We have attempted to be as accommodating as possible.

Facts.
Based on the customers original complaint - we agreed to swap out the PC for a new one. On receipt of the PC back at MESH we built and shipped a new PC to the customer within the customers specified time frame - 2 days. We content absolutely that this is an entirely new system. All departments concerned confirm all components are new - the system was replaced. The system was tested prior to dispatch - and cleared QC.

The customer contends that the same problem is apparent. We accept the customer is experiencing the same problem. The customer wants to reject the goods and obtain a refund. Again we agree to this.

We have done all we can reasonably do, to comply with all his requests.

The customer will obtain a full refund at the earliest possible time. We do not wish to delay this any more than the customer but sometimes, with all the best intentions in the world, the sheer logistics of getting items back to inspection and eventual refund can take longer than some would wish.

Regards
MESH Response.

Forum Editor 18:27 22 Aug 03

online because of the Mesh response, but please note: We do not allow threads or posts that exhort other forum users to boycott a particular company under any circumstances. This thread contains the text "if you need to buy a PC and work on it do not buy one from mesh", which would normally mean that it would be deleted without further explanation.

It's up to individual forum users to decide who they do or do not buy from, based on their personal judgement. Your experience with Mesh is just that - your experience - and you must not attempt to persuade other forum members to avoid the company. There are always two sides to a story, and here we have posts that give both of them. I suggest that you contact Mesh after the weekend and see if you can resolve your differences - I doubt that it can be achieved here.

Pappyon 18:52 22 Aug 03

I have a MESH machine 21 months old. I know I have whined about their technical support in the past, but in hindsight I realise now that most of the trouble I had was due to my own inexperience, and sometimes sheer stupidity.

I would definitely buy from them again. They replaced my HDD without question within three days of my contacting them, and (touch wood) I have had no troubles whatsoever with my machine since.

My machine came from their Edinburgh facility, and the customer service I received was first class in every way!

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:22 22 Aug 03

It is a sorce of constant amazement to me that there is the usual posse that always appears when they only hear one side of a story without the benefit or consideration of the other side.

G

Barrie_G 13:25 23 Aug 03

I have also bought a mesh Computer in the past, though I now choose to build my own systems I would not hesitate in recommending them to other people.

I had a couple of problems with my pc, the first was when the Northbridge chipset fan was making a lot of noise the pc had to be returned to be repaired and took a total of 9 days for me to get it back, the second time the hard drive failed, as I was already planning on building my next system I bought a new hard drive to install into the pc and had to send back the old one for them to test I recieved a new hard drive back from them within the week.

I wont say that I was happy especially the first time 9 days at the time did seem a little long, but I was satisfied and as I said above I would still recommend them. (though I think they need to reconsider the cases they are using at present as they seem to look a little tacky) IMHO

ChrisPan 12:53 26 Aug 03

Thank you for all your responses.

I do understand there are two sides to every coin.

I would like to clarify if this is a new system??

Before sending back the original system I recorded all the serial numbers that appear on the tag on the top of the box. Can anyone tell me if there is any way in which these numbers can be exactly the same on two different systems?

This is all the details that appear on the unique product key?

I accept that mesh have tried to resolve this but have failed miserably?

I am not trying to stop people buying from mesh and was merely trying to highlight that their failures have cost me time and money to an extent that has made my life extremly difficult?

Regardless of this the PC has still arrived damaged and without the faults being rectified!

All it took was for someone to test the system before it left their warehouse!!

It is a shame because all I wanted was to buy a PC that worked and use it.

As it stands now I am to lose more work time when this goes back and until I can get my refund so I can buy a PC from else where.

I am usually very patient and have found a key factor in this whole process the inability of the customer services department to make any effort to think logically and try and make amends of the mistakes that have been such a hinderrance since buying this PC.

I just hope that this is resolved as soon as possible.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…