Mesh. Well I never!

Ancient Learner 20:42 07 Jul 05

My Mesh is just nicely over 12 months old. The DVD Driver had decided to not work right, like it wouldn't recognise DVDs, one might say a pretty basic requirement.

When you buy a Mesh, there is a desktop icon named 'Mesh' which gives a full detailed description of what you've bought, and very usefull that is. It also has a 'Support' button which will get you to a place where you can send a message asking for help.

I did. That got me to the customer services and thence to technical help. I explained my problem, and I got a long and very detailed reply, with 3 things to do in order, if the first didn't work try the next and so on. The first two made no difference, and third required that I get into the Registry and delete some stuff there. Scary for me! However I did it and it worked.

I am very impressed indeed.

wee eddie 21:28 07 Jul 05

It's also pretty hard to qualify as Ancient round here, as well.

Many of us still regard "Ambrose" as a pretty Hip sort of guy!

Ancient Learner 21:35 07 Jul 05

Much prefered Victor Sylvester myself, and Stan Getz.

Ancient Learner 11:05 09 Jul 05

The Boss man seems to have rubbed off quite a few replies, so I guess g=he doesn't approve. Pity! Never mind I'll close the thread.

Forum Editor 11:58 09 Jul 05

the thread had lapsed into a chat about musicians etc., which is of no interest to the vast majority of the people who may view the thread - either now, or in the future. Whilst I have no desire to be a wet blanket I need to remember that this is a computer-help forum, and that casual conversations are usually only of interest to the few who are involved.

Mr Mistoffelees 21:29 09 Jul 05

thinking it might have been because I was having a dig at the older members!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…