Mesh trying to get better survey results?

grumpy-git 10:32 13 Sep 04

About 5 days after receiving my new Mesh pc (which now has problems described in another topic on this forum) I actually received a 'phone call from Mesh to see if I was happy with the pc!

As I had barely done more than put it together & was trying to familiarise myself with XP (previous pc's were ME, 98 & 95) no problems had arisen at that point. The call from Mesh really impressed me, they asked me to complete a survey (for PCPro I think) but now I wonder if they would have asked me to complete it if I had said the pc was unsatisfactory.

Would any of you think they were "trying to fiddle the figures?"

I think I will write to the editor of that magazine and tell him, or do all suppliers do the same thing?

fishyfingers 11:03 13 Sep 04

How long has the survey been going on?

I bought my PC back in January and got a call a few weeks later asking if all was ok. The person calling didn't mention anything about a survey then and I was over the moon about my PC.

grumpy-git 11:11 13 Sep 04

my pc arrived July 14th so it was about July 19th 2004 when I was contacted

fishyfingers 11:38 13 Sep 04

I can't find the survey you referred to. Thinking about it, I don't they'd run a survey over 7-8 months so the survey wouldn't have been running when I bought my PC.

grumpy-git 12:19 13 Sep 04

Seems the survey is now closed. I was given a link to it from the Mesh web site, that link says the survey is now closed, but I will write to the editor of PCPro with my comments

Stuartli 14:35 13 Sep 04

Conspiracy theories are wonderful talking points but are usually far removed from the truth.

Forum Editor 00:21 14 Sep 04

Precisely. I'm quite sure that Mesh have not been " trying to fiddle the figures" in this way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…