Mesh tech support

astra46 20:21 13 Oct 03

I had a problem with my pc on Friday. I could not load up windows. I had the message the system32/config/file is missing or corrupt.

I telephoned Mesh tech support twice. They gave me the incorrect advice. They first suggested i try chkdsk / r on the xp recovery tool this did not work. When i rang on Friday morning. They then suggested that i could have a hard drive problem, and to ring their software support line to get advice on the xp recovery tool. They gave the incorrect number.

Luckly i managed to recover xp, and the problem is now resolved.

It cost me £10 as i used a mobile as i was not getting home from work until after 6, when their tech support is closed.

powerless 20:26 13 Oct 03
  Andybear 20:27 13 Oct 03

Unfortunately this is typical of Mesh's technical support - in my experience anyway - this sort of thing happens to me every time I ring them. Now I just come to this forum instead. At least the advice I get here is generally correct - and it's free!

fitfella29 20:44 13 Oct 03

you`ll learn more from these forums trying to fix problems yourself than trying to get help from mesh.

astra46 20:46 13 Oct 03

Was i correct to use the mesh xp recovery disk to reinstall xp? As my pc has not been running correct since, crashing when i try to reinstall my graphics card driver disk. And problems browsing the net. I was on the telephone for nearly one hour to pipes on Saturday!

astra46 20:47 13 Oct 03

Typing error i mean Pipex.

beeuuem 21:52 13 Oct 03

The information from click here
for this problem seems simpler than that of MS and, from experience, I know it does work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…