mesh sp2 upgrade lost ethernet card

kingjohn 09:54 31 Oct 04

I have managed to upgrade to XP SP2 (didn't really want to eventually but got to a stage where there was no going back) after mesh sent me a special cdrom for my Mesh Athlon 3000+.
Quite a lot of things not working too well (e.g Pinnacle Studio 8 - crashes, but having seen the note about "demo" systems, perhaps I'll just bin it).
The inconvenient one is that the OS can no longer see my ethernet card. Message on device manager says (message 28) can't find driver for the ethernet controller.
I can't find any hits for this on Mesh support.
Anybody else experienced this, or am I the only one that is stupid enough to be using SP2

spuds 10:59 31 Oct 04
  MESH Support 10:11 01 Nov 04

It's highly likely that the installation of service pack 2 has moved a few drivers around.

On your system, you should have a folder C:\DRIVERS in which you will find the network driver that Windows cannot.

If you select UPDATE or INSTALL driver from CONTROL PANEL, you will have the option to browse to the folder manually and force Windows to find it.

The driver can also be obtained from the manufacturers website if you feel like checking for an updated one whilst you have this problem.

Without seeing your details I cannot be specific regarding which manufacturer. If you would like more specific help, please email me at [email protected] remembering to include your serial/order number along with your screen name (kingjohn) and I will advise you further via email.

Davey

Mesh Support

kingjohn 19:10 11 Nov 04

I sent the serial/order number a couple of times to Mesh support but have no response.
Is there some way to find out what driver XP is looking for? The driver search does not seem very chatty.

MESH Support 09:30 12 Nov 04

I apologise for the lack of response.

I have now emailed you asking that you confirm contact details. I beleive the ones we have may be incorrect.

Davey

Mesh Support

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…