Mesh Repair Service

chugslad 12:56 01 May 07

I have a faulty graphics card on my computer and after notifying Mesh of the problem they duly sent me a returns label and the faulty unit was despatched to Mesh on 2nd March 2007. After waiting for two weeks I called the repair shop to be told that they had up to 20 working days to attend to the problem but that it was likely I would need a replacement graphics card as they could no longer get the original one and that this may involve replacing the motherboard as well.
I called Mesh at the end of the 20 working day period which ended on Saturday 31st March, to be told that someone would phone me to discuss the relacement parts I would need and to authorise the repairs.
It is now 1st May 2007 and after phoning two or three times a week and sending Mesh (and "Davey") emails nobody from Mesh has contacted me other than to acknowledge receipt of my emails.
After reading other forums regarding Mesh it is obvious there is a serious problem with their customer care policy.
I would be grateful for any assistance or helpful advice anyone might have as at this moment in time I doubt if I'll ever see my PC again!!

MESH Support 14:12 01 May 07

Hi chugslad,

I'm pretty much on top of my emails at the moment and don't have anything that resembles your problem description in my inbox. Could you check the address it was sent to and possibly try again?

If you send it again you would need to ensure if has you order number and screen name (chugslad) in it.

Davey

chugslad 14:34 01 May 07

Davey, I have responded to you by sending my original email and referred to your automatic response dated 25/4/07 at 15.17

Regards Chugslad

chugslad 15:42 09 May 07

Mesh contacted me to say that they now had a 128mb replacement for my 256mb graphics card and that they would insert and test the new card on receipt of payment. I paid by credit card over the phone to a chap called Karim who advised me that it would be attended to immediately due to the time I've had to wait.
Result -- still no computer and still no communication. (Must be catching up on all those Watchdog complaints!!)
I rang Mesh today (9th May) to be told that someone would call to let me know what's going on. I don't think anything is going to happen.

The Brigadier 16:54 09 May 07

Drop a PM to the Forum Editor who may be able to push things along a bit.

For a company upping it's customer service by 100% seems that some customers are still getting the 'Old' style service from mesh pre watchdog?

MESH Support 11:09 10 May 07

Hi chugslad,

Payment for the card was confirmed only yesterday. The Service Centre should now have the part and in the process of the upgrade.

I'll let them know you're chasing the matter up.

Davey

The Brigadier 14:42 10 May 07

So is the 100% upping of the Customer Service Department now working better & to the benefit of mesh customers??

isca2 16:29 10 May 07

Does not appear to be any different !

Forum Editor 18:20 10 May 07

Why don't you just wait and see, instead of constantly posting in that vein?

If you have a complaint yourself, or need advice, by all means say so, otherwise you might leave others to get on with their threads in peace.

The Brigadier 18:28 10 May 07

Sorry, FE my mistake.
It was just a general comment, was not meant to be a threat.

The Brigadier 18:29 10 May 07

Sorry, FE my mistake.
It was just a general comment, was not meant to be written in a such away, it was an off the cuff comment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now