Mesh refund

Sophie_w 23:36 09 Jul 06

Hi,

I bought a PC (X-TREME SLR VISTRA) from Mesh last week. It turned out that the PC's not in a very good condition and already starts to show signs of hardware problem.

1 Disk boot failure once. However, after I restarted a few times, it recovered on it's own.

2 Constant harsh noise from inside the case. I figured might be the hard disk.

3 'Dead pixel' (not sure if it's the right term) on the monitor screen.

4 Power cable very loose for both monitor and case.

5 Used mouse. Very obvious scratch in the bottom side of the mouse. (I've never used this mouse)

Considerring of the poor quarlity, I decided to make a full refund. After seeing so many complaint in this forum, I start to worry about my refund. Will they keep their promise and make a full refund?

Anybody has experience in Mesh refund? Can you give me some advice?

Many thanks.

Forum Editor 00:02 10 Jul 06

was made within seven days of receipt of the machine you have an automatic right to a full refund, so don't worry.

puma22 07:18 10 Jul 06

Don't let anyone fob you off. I wrote asking for a full refund within 7 days and then got a personal phone call. The said person was very helpful (so it seemed) and promised to get the pc fixed to my satisfaction.
A long, drawnout and very painful saga commenced and it took me 6 months to get my money back.
Stick to your guns!

dontmeshwithme 09:07 10 Jul 06

I have got a refund from them. Took over a month from me sending the machine to them to getting my money back. The problem is that the refund needs to get signed by a lot of people (apparently). In the end I go so frustrated (even davey had not been able to get me my money) that I got a set of company details from companies house and called the main director at home. This resulted in a refund to my credit card the following day (I think it would have been sooner but I called him at 8pm at night). Whatever you do though insist on a refund, do not accept any offers of a repair as you will loose your statutory right to a full refund. Good luck and keep us posted. Also it seems the more you moan on here the quicker things get done at Mesh.

MESH Support 09:28 10 Jul 06
  spuds 10:18 10 Jul 06

If you are requesting a full refund, and made payment for the computer via credit card or computer finance agreement. Then notify the company involved as to your intentions and the reasons why. Include in your letter that you are seeking re-address under 'The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, The Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 and (Equal Liability) Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. That should perhaps move things along a little faster, should you meet with difficulties. Good Luck with your quest.

stressed 20:19 10 Jul 06

Dontmeshwithme

I am enduring similar problems with Mesh any chance of that phone number please

Other forums mention Davey as being the person to sort things however I notice he is now strangely missing and instead its Nick

Anyone know what gives

Stuartli 20:28 10 Jul 06

>>I notice he is now strangely missing>>

Most likely he has moved on to greater things, either with Mesh for his past customer care record, or elsewhere.

Or just on holiday...:-)

Forum Editor 21:17 10 Jul 06

Eityher way, we're grateful for a Mesh customer service presence, and thanks to Nick for the response.

Sophie_w 21:50 10 Jul 06

Hi, thanks everybody! I didn't expect to get so many response so quick. It's great.

I contacted Mesh customer service this morning, they say they'll call me within 24hrs. Hope everything will be fine.

dontmeshwithme 22:33 10 Jul 06

I am unsure that I can post the telephone number here, but if you go to click here and purchase a directors report, it will give you a name and address, then go to click here and find the phone number in there. Please be polite when you call, but you should get results fairly quickly. The report from companies house will cost you £1. Which I think is around the cost of a 10 minute call to the mesh premium rate phoneline.

Hope this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…