MESH recommended?

trainman2 11:30 31 May 04

I'm considering buying a MESH Matrix 3000+ XSP computer, which has an outstanding spec. for the price. MESH seems to have a poor reputation for support, etc, so should I let this put me off? What other PC makers might be preferred for reliability, etc?

Sir Radfordin 12:57 31 May 04

Mesh have worked very hard to shake off their poor reputation for support and I think there has been a significant reduction in the number of Mesh related problems posted to this site. They are one of the few suppliers who activiely monitor postings here so should a problem occur you will be fairly safe.

Alterntives are the likes of Dell and Evesham but you will end up spending a fair bit more for not a lot extra.

Curio 13:31 31 May 04

My son-in-law purchased a Mesh computer just before Xmas. Apart from a set up problem with the loudspeakers - which was resolved by Mesh Techies he has not had a problem since. He is a happy bunny!

Stuartli 13:32 31 May 04

I wouldn't have any worries about ordering from Mesh - my only experience of ordering a system from them (on behalf of someone else) proved faultless.

The system was delivered on morning of the day promised last September, worked straight out of the box and is still doing so today.

The owner is now 82 and was completely new to computing on delivery so it's also a robust setup...:-)

Steve- 13:45 31 May 04

I have used a Mesh unit for several years now and the couple of hardware problems I had were dealt with promptly and efficiently. If I wanted to buy a new computer Mesh would still be my choice.

Teaboy 16:31 31 May 04

I have two mesh machines. one running ME which I have had for over four years,now in Possession of one of my granddaughters-who is beating the whatnot out of it,daily. The other is an up to the minute job running xp. Both computers are in good working order,not a thing wrong with them. My view is You cannot beat Mesh for value.So there!

one23 17:20 31 May 04

I have a Mesh pc , now 10 months old. I would certainly buy from them again. I Contacted support on one occasion and was dealt with promptly. If you fancy the spec and it is within your budget then go for it. As mentioned above , Mesh monitor this forum and are very quick to respond to any problem related postings.

TreeBear 18:15 31 May 04

I've had a MESH system for over 2 years; as I recall it was delivered on time with everything as it should be.

Had to be returned for repair after some months; the process was clear and well handled and the machine came back fixed. I've had no trouble with it since.

I would happily use them again.

johnnyrocker 18:39 31 May 04

makes a nice change to hear such glowing reports.

johnny.

rickimalone 19:00 31 May 04

Have a Mesh Matrix64 3000+ FX and only have good things to say about the company and machine.

When I ordered it at the begining of the year I came accross a few website forums going on about how bad the company was but when I got my machine the sheer quality of the product I got was amazing.

I got the big 360 PSU case with tool free access and when you look in the quality of build and components is first class and the price is great.

If you like a machine there selling buy it!!!!

Pearly Gates |X|X| 20:08 31 May 04

Hello - yes they do make good machines and if you get one that works and is supplied as you ordered it then you will be happy with it. I am happy with mine now, it took 2 months 3 monitors an engineers visit 20 or so calls to tech support, 1 call to Ireland, 1 call to creative labs in the USA and endless hours on hold listening to some awful music,2 digital photographs and a letter to Mesh, not forgetting a handful of screws to hold my drives and platinum box steady and reconfiguring my memory sticks. As I said I am happy with mine now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…