Mesh promotion

daz03 12:57 05 Aug 05

Has anyone been contacted by Mesh computers asking for an email address for news updates etc. Also told me they were running a promotion with PC Advisor to get DVD verssion of magazine for £1 for 3 months. Wanted bank details etc. Just wondered if anyone has had a similar call and whether it is genuine?

thanks

freaky 16:21 05 Aug 05

I bought a new Mesh in December last year, and have had no contact from them since. I would be very wary of this offer, especially an email request for your bank details! What method did (Mesh) use to contact you?

thms 16:45 05 Aug 05

I doubt if any reputable company would send an E-Mail asking for bank details.

Any E-Mails I get asking for bank details or any personel details get promptly deleted. I suggest you do the same.

thms 16:48 05 Aug 05

OOPS misread your thread. You don't say if you were contacted by E-Mail. Still the advice still stands. Can't be to careful.

jan-boy 17:44 05 Aug 05

You get news update emails from Mesh only if you are registered on their website after buying a machine from them.

jan-boy 17:46 05 Aug 05

PS. I doubt very much if they would ask for bank details.
It sounds like a scam.

MESH Response 18:39 05 Aug 05

Hi

Can I please just make it clear this is no scam. This is a genuine approach.

MESH has contracted an agency to carry out a very brief call back to our customers that have bought from us recently.

A few customers are simply being asked if they would like further communication from MESH concerning peripherals, system upgrades and service products.

I question from us only.

Customer can decide on no further contact or receive further email updates or a callback.

As part of the exercise, IDG (Publishers of Advisor) have sponsored a single question as to whether or not customers would be interested in a summer subscription promotion. Something that we have managed to obtain specifically for our customers and we believe represents a timely and relevant offer for our customers.

I am sure on Monday the publishers of Advisor would be happy to confirm this situation.

If customers are interested in the promotion, naturally credit card payment for the IDG subscription is an option.

Can I stress here that no scam in being undertaken and this is an official genuine MESH initiative for the purposes of ongoing dialog with our customers. Something in the past never we never really did.

Kind Regards

MESH Response.

freaky 19:51 05 Aug 05

When I bought my Mesh in December last year, I tried to register on their website. They asked for the serial number of my machine which I entered, the site responded with invalid serial number, I will try again later this evening!!!

daz03 13:14 06 Aug 05

Thanks for that.

Forum Editor 13:17 06 Aug 05

is true. There's no scam.

MESH Support 09:01 08 Aug 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…