MESH Problem!

CliffP 09:17 20 Jul 05

Well, it's my fault I suppose. Flying in the face of everything that's been posted on here regarding MESH PC's, I still went ahead and ordered one online a couple of weeks ago. I took delivery of it late yesterday, plugged it all together this morning and guess what? No display. I know people are more likely to complain about something than praise something, but I work with a guy (in IT) who recommended MESH along with my brother who also ordered a PC online and neither of them had experienced problems. Suppose I've now got to start the hassle of getting it sorted. I really should have listened to what you guys were saying... :(

freaky 09:58 20 Jul 05

Probably a silly suggestion, but have you made sure that the cable from the graphics card to the monitor is properly connected. Also that the on/off power switch at the rear of the system unit is in the ON position ?

CliffP 10:04 20 Jul 05

for your suggestion. I do actually work in IT, and have checked all external components. I'm loathe to open the case in case I invalidate any warranties. As per my original posting, I've tried both monitor ports and with a different monitor - one that I know works... But hey! It's always worth checking the obvious, so thanks for your comments...

MESH Support 14:14 20 Jul 05

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your new Mesh PC.

Opening your case will not invalidate you warranty however you must be careful not cause any damage to components as they would not then be covered.

That said, if you are comfortable doing so, and given your background I would reseat the videocard(s) as this can be a common reason for failure after delivery.

If you don't want to do this, or it is unsuccessful, please drop me a line at [email protected] remembering to include your serial/order number and screen name (CliffP).

Mesh Support

CliffP 09:11 21 Jul 05

The Gfx card needed reseating. There's a little clip (similar to the white clips that hold a RAM module in place) that wasn't in place.

Dancer492 10:47 21 Jul 05

I was also daft enough to buy a Mesh, when it arrived it would not work at all, i opened the case and found the hard drive SATA cable was not plugged in, correcting this allowed the machine to start up , the next problem was a corrupted Windows XP
,as Mesh had also failed to supply the required CDs to replace windows etc, i borrowed a friends, it took Mesh 2 weeks to provide the missing CDs, I won't say just how long i waited to get through to mesh on the phone, but they claimed the cable came off in transit, and ignored my remarks about their complete lack of Quality Control in sending a defective machine which was obviously never tested as claimed.

LANDCRUISER 15:48 21 Jul 05

If i was you i would send the pc back to MESH & ask for your money back if the cannot get this right on a new pc they do not deserve your hard earnt money,was there anything wrong with your cash,no there was not,you will save yourself further stress,get ridd

"If i was you i would send the pc back to MESH & ask for your money back "

Bit drastic now that his pc is working?

zouthpaw 18:17 21 Jul 05

If you have nothing constructive to add to a discussion it's best to say nothing. You often chip in here, there and everywhere with inane comments.

Danoh 21:27 21 Jul 05

Both my MESH and Evesham PCs were delivered by the same local sub-contractor to the delivery firms used. If that delivery was rough, it is common for components to come loose, such as a large graphics card. Interesting to note that my rapidly aging Evesham has a plastic retaining strap right round the graphics card to secure it in transit.

zouthpaw, if you will allow me, I’d like to refer to this forum’s site policy

Offensive comment - forum discussions can sometimes become heated. They often take place more or less in real time, and it can be tempting to respond offensively in the heat of the moment. Personal abuse directed at another forum member is totally unacceptable, and such posts will be removed without warning. Repeated incidents may result in a forum member's registration being invalidated permanently.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…