MESH PC advice on Graphics / TV cards

QUADDRA 16:57 15 Mar 04

What to do?

Looking for some advice on Graphics / TV cards.

I have recently ordered a new PC from Mesh and at the moment still have the option to make a few changes.

I am looking for good TV facilities and radio etc better graphics would be a bonus.

The Graphics card supplied is a 128mb DDR Geforce FX 5900XT

I have read reviews about this card that are all good - not the most powerful card available but still good value. So I guess it is a reasonable card more than capable of running Flight sim etc.
Most of what I have read suggests that Geforce cards are better than Radeon .

My first port of call was Mesh to see if they could add a TV card to my original configuration but they said they don’t supply separate TV cards and are unable to recommend one for me to add later. What they do offer is an upgrade (£130 extra) to the 128mb ATI Radeon 9800 PRO All-in-wonder. Gaining built in TV card and better graphics.

So do I stick with the Geforce card and shop elsewhere for a good £30-£60 TV card and maybe upgrade the graphics in a year or two or do I spend the extra £130 and get the 128mb ATI Radeon PRO All-in-wonder –a better graphics card? With the bonus of TV card built in, offered at Mesh?????

Is the Mesh Radeon Pro AIW stereo or nicam tv and does it have fm radio?

QUADDRA 16:08 02 Mar 09

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…