Mesh Matrix 64 3400+ Power v Hewlett Packard T590

wut 21:19 10 Jul 04

I am in the position to purchase one or the other.
Please could you give me some advice as I nearly purchased the Hewlett Packard package from PC World last night, untill a friend suggested that Mesh was a very reliable outfit. To be honest I have never heard of them untill today.
From some of your discussions PC World seems to be a swear word.
From the reveiws hewlett packard are never mentioned. Are they that bad.
Look forward to hearing from you.

rickimalone 22:57 10 Jul 04

Not knowing about the Hewlett Packard T590, this answer is really from experience.

In the main HP and majority of main stream Pc's from PC World, Dixons so forth will be made up of PC2700 and low spec motherboards compared to your Mesh and Evesham type set-up's

I personally would go with Mesh everytime over a High Street brans but without having the spec's of the other Machine it would be very hard to compare them like for like, my money would be on Mesh why not post a link to the other machine so we can take it apart bit by bit and compare them.

rickimalone 23:07 10 Jul 04

Here is the Hewlett Packard:click here

3.4GHz P4 HT Processor

1024Mb RAM

259Gb Hard disk

DVD RW Drives

256Mb FX5200 Graphics

RF Keyboard/Mouse

7 x USB Connections

Works 7.0

XP Home Operating system

1 Year FREE onsite Warranty

Here is the Mesh Machine:click here

AMD Athlon 64 3400+ Processor

Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition

Mainboard , GB LAN, IEEE 1394, SATA, RAID

1024MB DDR 400 RAM (PC3200) Memory

200GB 7200rpm Ultra DMA-133 HDD with 8MB Buffer

128MB ATI Radeon 9800 Pro - TV Out/DVI

19" TFT Flat Panel LCD DVI Monitor

52x CD-RW (52x32x52 ) CD Re-Writable Drive

SONY DWU-18A - 8x DVD-RW (R/W all standard

formats)*

Creative Labs Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS

Creative Labs Inspire 7700 - 7.1 Surround Speakers

Internet Ready V.92 56Kbps data/fax/voice modem

Network Ready integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet

Logitech Cordless Desktop Keyboard & Mouse

FREE Microsoft Works 7.0

FREE Pinnacle Studio 9 SE Video Editing Software
2 Year On-site Warranty + 1 Year Back-to-Base

I would without doubt go with the Mesh Machine, I bet that the HP has PC 2700 RAM the Mesh has PC3200 and with the Mesh you get a radeon 9800Pro compared to a FX 5200 the list goes on and the Mesh in my eye's wins hands down and it's cheaper.

umarn 23:28 10 Jul 04

I just ordered mesh 3400 + power yesterday. I cannot wait. The specs are awesome. Howvwer the guy at mesh asked if i wanted to replace the 7.1 speakers with some high quality creative labs 2.1 speakers. I told him i wanted the 7.1 but now that i think about it, i just cant figure out how to setup 7 surround sound speakers in my bedroom. I feel i should have gone for the 2.1. the 2.1 are apparently equal in value to the 7.1 (perhaps the 2.1 has better performance). Can you please tell me how to setup 7.1 speakers?

wags 00:33 11 Jul 04

I agree with rickimalone. The Mesh wins comfortably on spec.and price and also has a 3 yr warranty. So, the choice in this case, is an easy one !

Sans le Sou 08:51 11 Jul 04

The setup is easy 3 connections on the soundcard black,orange,green, then all the sattelites plug into the sub. There is a big diagram to illustrate the setup. Biggest problem is falling over the wires . I have mine all on my desk with the wires wound up, bit of a waste,but you only need them when playing something encoded with 7.1.

rickimalone 10:19 11 Jul 04

Funny, I thought the Intel faithful would have been in here buy now telling us how the P4 in the system would make the HP a better machine in all respects, I guess there not out of bed yet :)

But just to go with what I was saying earlier, in terms of the two machines I think that bar the two cpu's the Mesh machine towers over the HP and in terms of value for money from the sound card, motherboard, RAM, graphics card, DVD drive, HDD, screen and software the mesh is champion here and even if it was priced a bit more expensive than the HP i would still go with it.

The only area where I think is any cause for debate is the CPU, a classic AMD vs Intel debate the AMD64 3400 is the new socket 939 that everyone has been waiting for plus now has duel channel RAM! memory controller so yes it's a mean cpu. As always though the P4 3.4 HT is also a very big performer but I cant see past it running in the HP with a lower spec motherboard and PC2700 backed up with a FX 5200 and a standard ata-133 set-up compared to the s-ata set-up on the Mesh.

If the Machine's had the same overall set-up and it was just a case of CPU'S then well it's a case of Intel or AMD, i'd go with AMD but there are 1000's that would'nt but given the price and overall package I really cant imagine anyone who would not go with the mesh machine

rickimalone 10:30 11 Jul 04

"AMD64 3400 is the new socket 939 that everyone has been waiting for plus now has duel channel RAM! memory controller"

I would like to take that back I was thinking of the 3700+, at the same time though this in no way changes my view at all.....

rickimalone 17:10 11 Jul 04

Just incase you had your heart set on an Intel based machine this Intel beast is what Mesh will offer you at the same price as Hewlett Packard machine:click here

Intel Pentium 4-3.4GHz Processor Hyper Threading

Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition

ASUS P4P800 - FSB 800 Mainboard

1024MB DDR 400 RAM (PC3200) Memory

NOW WITH 200GB Serial ATA (150Mb/s) Ultra Fast HDD

256MB ATI Radeon X800 Pro Graphics - TV Out/DVI

17" TFT Sony Flat Panel LCD Monitor

52x CD-RW (52x32x52 ) CD Re-Writable Drive

SONY DWU-18A - 8x DVD-RW (R/W all standard formats)*

Creative Labs Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum

Creative Labs Inspire T7700 - 7.1 Surround Speakers

Internet Ready V.92 56Kbps data/fax/voice modem

Network Ready integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet

Logitech Cordless Dektop Keyboard & Mouse

FREE Microsoft WorksSuite 2004

FREE Pinnacle Studio 9 SE Video Editing Software

3 Year On-site Warranty (Mainland UK Only)

Now compared to the Hewlett Packard at the same price, this is a serious machine at more expensive than the Matrix64 3400+ but this one comes with the brand new £300+ Radeon X800 256MB graphics card which is the ulitmate in true power.

With out doubt if your spending £1500 on a PC either this or the AMD based system £100 cheaper must be the only two in the race.

Sans le Sou 18:17 11 Jul 04

I think you will find the 64-3700 is the last of the 745 pins. AMD did not create the numbers sequentially, the new CPUs are 3500 & 3600 I think.

HXP 18:48 11 Jul 04

I brought a machine from Mesh - escellent value for money - I did have a few probs but all fixed and very very happy with machine.

tey are a good company and generally you get more for your money than you do buying off the high street.

HXP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…