anyolname 13:39 06 Aug 03

I have just had the MESH matrix 2700 + premier delivered (Tuesday 5 August), with no gaming port or manuals of any kind, except a large poster showing how to connect
cables etc.
Afer 6 phone calls to customer service and technical services, the last chap from technical
services said they no longer include the game port as this takes up too much room??? but offered to send one through the post so I could fit it myself!!!

I have advised customer sales in writing that I am cancelling the order as this is not fit for the purpose for which it was sold and asked them
for a full refund to my credit card and to collect the computer within two weeks.

Am I within my rights to insist that they arrange and pay for collection as we have not had the computer 7 days?

Any advice gratefully received.Have you had a similar experience and what was the outcome?

ged11 14:00 06 Aug 03

How is the system "not fit for the purpose for which it was sold" simply because it doesn't include a gaming port? As a consumer you are responsible for your own choice of product and suitability for purpose.

Assuming you are a consumer (and not a business customer) you may cancel under the Distance selling regulations 2000 up to 7 working days after taking delivery of the system but the delivery and collection charges will be deducted from your refund

anyolname 14:32 06 Aug 03

This computer was a 'computer active' buy it
reccomendation in their magazine and suppose to be
enabled to 'handle the latest games smoothly'
as stated in their report.

How can this be achieved without a gaming port?

Additional document information was supposed to be found in a document box. We received no documents or manuals.

JIM 14:32 06 Aug 03

Also cannot find gaming port on the speck for
MESH MATRIX 2700 + PREMIER.Or under optional config.Unless you can confirm on your order as fitted,you may come a little unstuck.

JIM 14:45 06 Aug 03

Not looking to upset you but no review in
'computer active'for the MATRIX 2700 + PREMIER
unless i have missed it.
Can only see reveiw for the Matrix XP 2700+ RD95
which is a very solid performer, shining especially bright where games are concerned.

soy 14:51 06 Aug 03

Although you are within your rights to get a refund within 7 days, don't you think your being OTT about this?

Why not just accept the system and install the gameport yourself when mesh sends it to you. It will save you alot of hassle. There are a few threads about long waits for refunds etc in this forum.

This computer was a 'computer active' buy it reccomendation in their magazine and suppose to be enabled to 'handle the latest games smoothly' as stated in their report.

The mag was propbably referring about the graphics card capabilities.

tenaka 14:53 06 Aug 03

A bit of an asumption on your part isn't it, that you need a game port for playing games?

As far as I know it's just flight sims that use them these days.

Sure other games have the option for joystick but it's not their primary control method.

leo49 15:25 06 Aug 03

I think it's high time Mesh introduced a stringent vetting procedure for potential consumers - they seem to be attracting far more than their fair share of rabid BBC Watchdog viewers chanting the holy mantra 'consumer rights,consumer rights.....'

MESH Response 15:27 06 Aug 03
  JIM 15:35 06 Aug 03

Good response from MESH,give it a go! :)

Mike D 15:44 06 Aug 03

Why not use USB joystick/wheel/whatever?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…