INCOGNITO44 23:10 17 May 06

Hi all,
I bought a MESH computer in Aug last yr. It has been back to them for so called repair 5 times and still not fixed. I've asked for a replacement computer. They have refused. Whatb should I do?

Stuartli 23:17 17 May 06

What were the type of repairs involved?

007al 23:24 17 May 06

Is it the same fault or different faults each time?

Forum Editor 23:31 17 May 06

you said (in someone else's thread)

"I have contacted Brent Trading Standards (MESH are located in the London Borough of Brent, contacted my credit card company, contacted BBC Watchdog, contacted my MP and am investigating legal channels (Small Claims Track within the County Court system)."

What has been the outcome of all these contacts?

Perhaps you'll supply us with more information - particularly with details of the fault(s) as suggested by Stuartli. If Mesh have refused to replace the machine I assume they gave a reason, what was it?

MESH Support 09:18 18 May 06
  INCOGNITO44 21:23 18 May 06

OK, Davey, I've sent you the order no. Let's see if you can unblock the situation now. Good luck!!!

INCOGNITO44 21:30 18 May 06

Forum editor,
Thanks for your reply. MESH have not treated me properly as a customer in all this.The fault is a flickering striated screen which makes it impossible to use the laptop. The problem is intermittent. But it recurs totally unexpectedly. It does not show up on a slave monitor, so it would appear to be a hardware fault. MESH's response has been ambiguous. They refer to the problem as an "alleged" problem and refuse to give me a replacement machine. I have spent hours literally on the phone witheir service people but to no avail. Not imo the mark of a decent company. Certainly they are not the Marks & Spencer of computing.

INCOGNITO44 21:32 18 May 06

Forum editor,
You asked what the outcome of all the advances to legal regulatory channels were. Well I'm going through the process but it takes time. But I'll get there and if I have to take them to court I will be well prepared.

INCOGNITO44 21:34 18 May 06

I really don't know what repairs were done as so far MESH have not written to me to say exactly what they have done. I have had verbal "discussions" and it would appear that on at least one occassion no repairs at all were done and the machine just shipped back.

INCOGNITO44 21:35 18 May 06

Mostly the same faulty screen. But the keyboard was broken as well.

Forum Editor 22:11 18 May 06

so let's wait to see how it works out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…