Mesh, Evesham.....You're all the same really

Stridor 01:41 07 May 03

I've thought long and hard about posting this message.

Last year I bought a Mesh Computer and had nothing but trouble from it. It was D.O.A. That I can cope with but then spent months trying to get a refund on it after offers of repair just didn't happen (the courier failed to turn up to collect it, Mesh themselves were more than unconstructive about that little issue) I got the usual 'helpful' treatment from Mesh customer services but eventually got a refund some 3 months later.

I thought long and hard about where I would go to get my new computer and after reading lots of ggod things about Evesham on this forum, thought I would try them out.

Well, to be crapped about by one computer company
is unfortunate but by two.......?

After spending what is nearly two months wages on
a computer back in February it still hasn't arrived. E-mails have been sent and a phone call received which have all been polite (Evesham are one up on Mesh for that!)but ineffectual.

Do I really have to go through this forum to get some action...

It seems to work for others...Will it work for me?

Goldcroft 07:36 07 May 03

Hope it does. We are used to Mesh problems on this forum, but what excuse does Evesham give as they haven't featured in the "bad boys" postings.

JoeC 08:52 07 May 03
  Evesham Support 09:43 07 May 03
  Goldcroft 11:15 07 May 03

A quick response, but will it lead to quick remedial action and apology. Trust Stridor will report back on outcome.

mole44 17:14 07 May 03

well done evesham,things can go pearshaped at times but your response proves that you care

stubow 18:09 07 May 03

about to buy a new pc from mesh or possibly evesham,does anyone have any good experiences of mesh.
i currently own a gateway pc which has given me 4 years of excellent service.

Sir Radfordin™ 18:26 07 May 03

There is plenty of evidence that Mesh and Evehsam can and do supply computers that work and most customers don't have a problem.

The very fact they are still in business, with glossy ad's in the leading mags is evidence that things are fine. There may be some individuals who get problems but they are in the minority.

People are always quicker to moan when things go wrong than praise when things go well. The saying is true, that if someone has a problem with a company he'll tell everyone he knows. If things go well he'll tell a couple of people.

You could buy from Mesh or Evesham or anyone else you care to mention and I'd say your chances of having a problem are the same regardless of who has your money. Find the best machine for your needs and buy it.

Stridor 01:07 08 May 03

For the most part I agree with you. I feel that
I have been patient with both companies and gave them more than ample time to get things sorted. But isn't it a worrying sign that a lot of people in this forum seem to need to use it to get their problems resolved. That's why I've waited quite some time before posting this.

It's for that reason as much as anything that I decided to do it.

I still feel that Evesham are one of the 'good guys'

Sir Radfordin™ 08:22 08 May 03

No I don't think its a worrying sign at all, it just shows that mistakes do get made and in most of the time the company will sort them out. No-one likes to admit they are wrong, do they? Remember we only hear one side of the story.

So often I've gone to sort someone out and asked them what they've done or changed. They claim not to have done anything when its quite clear that they did something - you can often see what as well.

If you don't have problems you normally stay quiet. This forum does not give a true representation of any suppliers customer base. Mesh in the past have been removed from PCA charts of top PC's because they [PCA] had so many complaints against Mesh. That was a long time ago.

No-one wants to pay a premium for support so companies do their best to provide it at lowest cost.

I could've paid £300 more to Evesham when I bought my PC from Mesh. Personally I don't think I would have gained anything at all.

anchor 09:29 08 May 03

Just a word in praise of Evesham Support.

Last Friday, I called to report problems with my hard disc that indicated that it was failing.

An appointment was made for the engineer to call and replace it this Tuesday, which was the next working day, (Monday was a bank holiday). He came, the disc was replaced and Windows re-installed for me.

That`s what I call service; you pay for what you get.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…