Mesh contacts ?

jjf72 12:06 18 Feb 04

What's the best way to contact Mesh regarding a technical issue?

The fan on my graphics card keeps failing and I think it could be resposible for regular freezing. I'm still under warranty (just) and would hope they would just send a replacement fan, but having had problems contacting them in the past, wondered whether anyone had any advice about the best way to get a response.

Thanks in advance

MESH Support 12:13 18 Feb 04

Technical Support can be contacted on 0870 046 3636 or you can visit the support section of our website at click here

With the website you would need to sign up for an account before you could request assistance.

But seeing as you here, if you email me at [email protected] with your order/serial number, screen name (jjf72) and phone number. I can arrange an engineer to contact you directly.

Davey

Mesh Support

jjf72 12:21 18 Feb 04

Wow ! Six minutes ! I'm beginning to be impressed.

Will be in touch.

Stuartli 14:52 18 Feb 04

Yet there are still some who would have us believe that Mesh is the big, bad wolf.....

jjf72 15:01 18 Feb 04

One satisfied customer (so far) does not indicate a good company any more than one disgruntled customer suggests a 'bad' company.

Having been in both positions regarding Mesh I'm just glad that the first bad experience is in the past and that my recent experience of excellent service is making my life a little easier.

If they resolve this as well as they've started to then my praise will be as fullsome as my criticisms were a few years ago.

Stuartli 15:10 18 Feb 04

But therein lies the rub: "..a few years ago."

I'm sure that, like me, your praise will be fulsome and I've only had one buying experience with Mesh dating back to last September to go by.

The system was acquired on behalf of an elderly (81!) lady taking up computing for the first time.

The Athlon 2400 system worked straight out of the box and has done so ever since and that's with a complete beginner using it for several hours a day....

Imagine being a Mesh employee and being faced with a case such as this:

click here

anchor 16:30 18 Feb 04

How good it is to see a response from Mesh in just 7 minutes of the original post. Would that other companies were as sharp off the mark

jjf72: I hope that your problem is as quickly resolved. Let us know the outcome.

jjf72 16:38 18 Feb 04

I received an email shortly afterwards followed by a call from an engineer within the hour who has arranged pickup of the offending item.

I call that extremly good service and all credit to Mesh for delivering it.

Forum Editor 19:04 18 Feb 04

and not the first example of late. I'm personally delighted that Mesh have established such an effective presence with us here in the forum, and although one swallow doesn't make a summer I think we should offer encouragement to any company which is making such an obvious attempt to improve relations with its customer base.

arricarry 21:20 18 Feb 04

Hello - I will make only this comment. Would somebody at Mesh fully brief a certain person in Customer Services who appears not to know her apex from her vertex. Most of the others are quite helpful, and the other departments as well.
It is annoying when enquiring about a component that is out of stock, to be told on every occasion, "they won't be in till early next week"
when they are already back in stock.

arricarry 20:13 19 Feb 04

Sorry - got it wrong ! Components not in stock yet, so its humble pie from me and a custard pie for the person at Mesh who said they were.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…