Mesh and ConsumerWatch

WRC 23:34 19 Nov 03

Looking through my current copy of PC Advisor, I noticed an article in the ConsumerWatch section about Mesh and how concerned PC Advisor was with all the complaints that they where receiving from there readers. How can a company as big as Mesh not be ready for there Christmas rush? Don't they do forecasts? Why does PC Advisor still allow them to advertise? How are they doing now? Your thoughts.......

art42 00:00 20 Nov 03

Beats me, I think we are watch a once very good company falling apart,Shame really my family has bought a few computersa from mesh but wont buy any more until they get there act together.

the-eel 00:10 20 Nov 03

i bought my pc from mesh in september - the start of the xmas rush it says in the same article.

although i received my order confirmation after i received my pc, and after having to ring to see if my pc in fact ordered and on its way, i got the PC just over 2 weeks after ordering.

quite reasonable. ive had no problems with the computer either, and am rather happy.

art42 00:26 20 Nov 03

I was happy with mine too, they are good computers,until they go wrong! thats when I became very unhappy, theve stil got my unit its been six weeks whilst it was there getting repaired I ask for some upgrades and paid for them they said they could not get them to work even tho the same upgrades are incorporated in some of there current machines,Ive asked for my money back and my unit returned as standard, Im still waiting,hope you have no trouble cos everyone who has feels just about as frustrated as I am.

carver 17:17 20 Nov 03

I've still got about 5 months warranty left on my P/C but I've now given up with them. The after sales is so bad it's a waste of time talking to them, when the on-site warranty was in place and anything went wrong I was always asked if they could send the replacement part IE hard drive/graphics card out to me, now with only a RTB left,the floppy drive has gone, I now have to send the entire P/C back to them(for a £10 part)and be without it for 3 weeks. No more Mesh for me and I was going to buy another one in the next 6 months.

fitfella29 17:32 20 Nov 03

there warranty`s are worthless,too much hassle if anything goes wrong.

sidewinder e3 18:54 03 Dec 03

I ordered my MESH on 15th nov and they told me that it would take 2 and a half weeks delivery. so it was ment to be delivered today 3/10/2003 i did not go to work expecting this delivery. I caled them up to ask what time it was coming, to find out that I have my dates mixed up . I have the order confimation saying that i will recieve it today. They tell me that i have to wait till next week:(

ray27 19:16 03 Dec 03

Sidewinder you should have investigated Mesh through the consumerwatch history and you may have saved yourself a lot of grief.
I hope your system works OK when you get it

wags 13:25 04 Dec 03

sidewinder e3 it is very disappointing to not receive the PC on the day intended and it looks like you will not have much longer to wait.

Johnnyrocker, with all due respect, it is a bit alarmist to advise demanding a refund. Delays can happen, especially at this time of year and statistically the odds are on sidewinder e3's side that the PC will work straight out of the box with no problems. Enjoy your pc when it arrives !

sidewinder e3 16:12 04 Dec 03

well i am a subscriber to PC advisor and I chose to get a MESH because of how it was advertised in the mag also the one that I am getting was 3rd on the superbudget table. I think PC advisor must run an article about these complaints. The Showrood assistant i got it through said "if you ever need to contact me I will here and call the showroom direct and ask for me. But i am sure that your PC will be perfect and that you will not need to call".I called yestterday only to find out that he works weekends only! But i called and said that if i do not get it next week i will want to cancel the order and have my money back.
I also have an Evesham and i have never had any problems with it and there customer service is superb. But when looking for a super budget PC i saw the MESH. All due to PC advisor.

MESH Response 17:45 04 Dec 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…