Mesh Computers...are they really evil?

Sir Radfordin 10:00 22 Dec 03

As some of you know I'm fairly quick to defend Mesh because I've had a good experience with them. However I've always been willing to accept others have had problems and so I may have just been lucky.

Yesterday evening got BSOD and couldn't get the computer to reboot. Went to bed and got up this morning and had the same problem. Couldn't get into safemode/command prompt/reinstall or anything. Quick search on google indicated that Memory may be the problem. So opened her up, took one stick out and tried again. Nothing! So took that stick out and put the other in and everything is working fine.

Ring up Mesh and getting told to ring a different number, worked my way through a myriad of options and spent about 10 mins in a queue before speaking to someone. He confirmed that Memory was likely cause of the BSODs and said I would need an onsite visit.

Ask if he could just send it out to me and he agreed. And this is where Mesh let themselves down, I have to wait for lables to be sent to me so I can send the faulty stick back. They then have to test it and if found to be faulty they will replace it. Thankfully I can struggle on with 256mb but I would have expected Mesh to just send new stick out and ask me to send the old one back. Afterall, if someone visited wouldn't they just replace it and be done with it?

If all goes to plan, and given that it's Christmas I expect I'll have to wait a bit, then Mesh will have done what is expected...though still room for improvement!

Mesh Response - if you are reading and can change it so you just send me a new stick and I send the old one back in one swift process that would be great. I'll give you my S/N if needed.

johnnyrocker 10:18 22 Dec 03

i shall follow this one with interest, specially after my own experiences and that of others.

johnny.

MESH Support 11:16 22 Dec 03
  Sir Radfordin 11:20 22 Dec 03

Email sent to Davey at the address given so we'll wait and see what happens next.

Again Mesh seem to show that they do know how to treat customers correctly - I can't be the only one who gets this level of service?

wags 11:36 22 Dec 03

Sounds like you have had a very prompt response to your problem Sir Radfordin....1 hr 16 mins after posting your thread.

Big Elf 12:03 22 Dec 03

I also find it annoying when this happens particularly if you have to pay the postage on a registered delivery but it seems to be common to most Companies these days.

Sir Radfordin 12:07 22 Dec 03

Agree with you there - though from what was said on the phone it sounds as if Mesh are going to use a courier to collect the RAM as I was told to wait for labels and ring up to arrange collection. Hopefully Davey will be able to find an even more efficient way of doing this.

Big Elf 12:15 22 Dec 03

'Swap out' on doorstep would be quickest.

bfoc 12:49 22 Dec 03

Mesh are certainly not evil, but they sometimes are not as flexible as good customer service would warrant.

On the other hand they do have an active prescence here and that is a major positive!

By way of comparison, I got a Fuji S602 camera from Morgan auctions last Tuesday. I discovered a fault with it on Thurs, reported it on Friday. They despatched a replacment that day for delivery today and the courier will pick up the faulty one!

Simple, easy and secure.

Stuartli 13:25 22 Dec 03

Evil is somewhat of an unfortunate word to use...

Mesh sells thousands of computer systems annually and, for that very reason, some customer problems are sure to arise; I also guess that the firm is currently working flat out to get orders to buyers before Christmas.

I bought a Mesh system on behalf of an elderly friend early September; it arrived on the morning of the promised delivery date, was installed that afternoon and has been working faultlessly ever since.

The lady for who it was purchased, who is in her early eighties, had never had anything to do with computers previously and is absolutely delighted with her new found leisure activity.

tunneller 16:23 22 Dec 03

I have just received my second new PC from Mesh in 4 years. No problems whatsoever and apart from the two wee gripes below I am perfectly happy.

Problem 1 (Disingenuous?)
I am a bit gripped though by the fact that when I chose the 18" TFT monitor it specifically said (DVI cable must be ordered separately) I ordered on £10.00 and goodness me, what did I find in the box with the monitor? Yup, a DVI lead. I would now like my £10.00 back and they are welcome to their cable.

Problem 2 (I don't want this ISP thank you)
One other minor hiccup - The version of IE6 installed seems to have been tailored for the ISP that was proffered with the system. (I have my own thank you). I uninstalled this ISP (Tiscali) and then found that my IE6 doesn't function properly & I need to reload it - but where from?
I know I can download it, but being on dialup I don't think so!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…